Current air unit crash effect BUG report

If an air unit is destroyed on the surface, it sinks to the bottom of the sea and then explodes. But this special effect caused a problem: If experimental units such as air carriers or air fortresses were destroyed at sea, the large flying saucer model would remain glowing and spinning in the ocean for nearly a minute. It's very strange and it affects naval warfare. Hopefully, the next version will fix this issue so that air units can be instantly turned into wrecks when destroyed at sea.

Do you have a (sandboxed) replay of what you're referring to?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Planes dont transform into wrecks until they land on their final resting place at the bottom of the sea. The death script would need the be rewritten to change that.

@funkoff said in Current air unit crash effect BUG report:

Planes dont transform into wrecks until they land on their final resting place at the bottom of the sea. The death script would need the be rewritten to change that.

@Jip
That's the problem I'm talking about. Because the large air experimental unit is not turned into a wreck on the sea after being destroyed, the animation of the model will still be played, and it will still keep rotating and shining on the sea for a while, which is very strange. You can try the Areon experimental flying fortress in the total mayhem MOD, drive the unit to the sea and destroy it, you will find the problem I am talking about.

@zhanghm18 said in Current air unit crash effect BUG report:

You can try the Areon experimental flying fortress in the total mayhem MOD, drive the unit to the sea and destroy it, you will find the problem I am talking about.

That is a mod problem however, it can disable the animation on impact. If there are any base game units with this problem then we can fix those. But we can't fix units from mods, the author or maintainer needs to do so

@jip I mean, this unit has more of a performance problem. The game's original Areon experimental air craft also had this problem. When you drive this big flying saucer to the surface of the sea to destroy it, it will still exist on the surface of the sea glowing for a while.

@jip I also tested this effect with the original game. The new FAF air unit's death animation on the sea caused this problem. It's not the MOD that's causing this problem.

Could you share the replay ids of your testing?

@jip Sorry don't know how to share the replay.Would it help if I post screenshots of the test here?

That would help too, just to make sure we understand the context.