All A.I. resort to turtle and never attack despite A.I. settings

why are all the A.I. Turtling even if they are on RUSH or Adaptive? after this recent update no matter what settings i use all the A.I. resort to turtling and never attack. they just hoard all their hundreds of units at their bases. (im not using any A.I. mods) is there a reason for this?

Do you have replays for us?

And there are AI mods out there that are way better than the current AIs we ship with the game. As an example: take M27AI

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

M27 on a 5x5 or 10x10 particularly as Cybran is very aggressive. Skirmishing hoplites are particularly annoying

@jip i tried M27AI and they end up lagging the game to point its unplayable. what i dont understand is prior to this most recent game update the AI functioned just fine and my buddies and i played with no issue. but after the update. all AI regardless of their settings or difficulty just turtle and never attack

I think a replay would really help us diagnose whats going on for you.

Does the map have waypoints?

@minihans If M27 is running too slow then try M28, RNG or DilliDalli, all of which run much faster (although the game can still slow down depending on the scenario - e.g. it's more likely with large numbers of AI players on a large map with a poor CPU).

Re the specific AI's behaviour then as relentless mentions a replay would be needed (since this would show the AI, the map, the game settings, and any other factors/events that might have caused such behaviour).

The AI might not have sufficient information about the game state or the opponent's actions to make strategic decisions. Without accurate data, it may default to a conservative approach to minimize risks.