Perhaps a silly question, but what does Promotions person actually do? I feel like anybody who is interested in the RTS genre is aware of SupCom, even at a base level. Is this just keeping up with community content, trying to actually advertise to a new generation of players, or something else?
Good question, according to the wiki it would be this:
- Create a steady flow of content for the NewsHub whether that is weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Maintain a steady flow of content on the FAF YouTube this can be Weekly, Bi-weekly or Monthly
- Maintain the FAForever.com website with up-to-date information (Tutorials/guides, patch notes, new features etc.)
- Look for new ways to promote FAF (on and off the platform)
- Communicate with other communities for opportunities of collaborating (Tournaments)
- Focus on the onboarding of new players to faf (from account creation to first game)
- Promote community-made content (maps, mods etc)
- Promote all official FAF tournament (Organised via the Tournaments Team)
- Update Patreon bi-monthly with written post or YouTube video's
- Maintain Social Media Platforms with updated not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Reddit