How come you don't play ladder?

My current experience is I'm a 800~900 rated on the global ladder(600+ games) and around 500-600 on 4v4 TMM(<20 games).

Personal de-motivators for playing matchmaker (4v4 is my go-to) is:

• relatively long queue times (biggest factor)
  • while the 'expanding map pool per rank' idea is great, I think the maps chosen for lower-ranks aren't great
  • the ambiguity of it being a "ranked" or "casual" lobby is in a sense off putting (I see it as ranked, and am personally a casual player, so another negative for me)

What I see might be an issue for other, in particular new players:

• in general, the matchmaker in-client looks very bad UI/UX-side (lack of flow/direction)
  • presence of the rating system (that is, it being visible) might be even more off putting to those who are straight-casuals, and aren't looking for strict gameplay
This post is deleted!

For me, it is because I hate little maps that are too intense since minute 1.
I prefer bigger maps, don't want to be rushed in min 3 and lost my hydro and basically the game

4v4 tmm is faster than lobbysim, has decent mirror balance, and nice variety of maps to suit different players. All my FAF friends play tmm rather than making lobbies now and its pretty fun.

I dont play much 1v1 because its kinda intimidating, i feel the early game is quite BO dependant and sweaty and i'm just not very good at that.
puss in boots.jpg

I don't play 2v2 at all because I got really overrated when it came out and played a bunch of matches in a row where it was me and 3 other top tourney players in the same game, whoever got me on their team just lost brutally and i felt real bad for them.

no point playing somethin i know i am not good at or ever will be.
toodles .

• BO-whoring on smaller maps (fuck the "reeee you should be able to improvise one!11!"-cunts, no you fucking cunts having 4 tanks way earlier on those small maps make a fucking difference)
  • Queue-times
  • Map pool sucks most of the time (More MapGen. Thanks.)
  • Teamgames are honestly just more fun for me

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

I was going to say I just don't enjoy 1v1s in general. I just prefer team games more. But Rezy & Sladow make a really good point about BO whoring. I don't know and don't feel like learning the optimal BOs for all the 1v1 maps. If there was a map-gen only 1v1 queue, I would probably actually play it.

Almost never able to get a game and when I do the odds are too high that it’s a 5x5 map or 10x10 that plays like a 5x5.

Need mapgen ladder week more often.

5x5 maps are vile. Nobody likes them except for a tiny insignificant minority. 99% of 5x5 map games only use a fraction of what the entire game has to offer. It's like asking your friend for a game of chess, but before you start the game, you take every single piece off the board except for the kings, 2 pawns each, and maybe a single knight each. Then you reduce the size of the board to just 12 squares and attempt to have a fun strategic, and interesting game.

Any dude here saying they would lose a game on ditch “due to bo” would also lose a map gen 150k reclaim/drop heavy map to the same dude tbh

@ftxcommando said in How come you don't play ladder?:

Any dude here saying they would lose a game on ditch “due to bo” would also lose a map gen 150k reclaim/drop heavy map to the same dude tbh

Press X to doubt

Yeah I’m sure Yudi outmacros u just cuz his bo is better

Harzer slaps me on any 5x5 but (without sounding too arrogant hopefully) I'm pretty sure I have very good chances when fighting him on 20x20 with a shit ton of reclaim

Comparing small 5x5 maps to large 20x20 is just insanely stupid imo since the macro-skill become way more important on the larger maps while the BO and micro dominates the smaller maps.

It stands for 5x5 map gens/premade maps too lol, nobody has a BO extending beyond 3rd fac in ladder dude people just know how gameplay will shape out and what matters.

I mentioned Ditch cuz rezy brought it up, I just find the BO complaints funny when any dude that streams ladder at high level clearly and obviously is winging it after min 3-4.

Did people forget how LotS in the past would have dudes just entirely upend meta because they actually DID sandbox BOs ie red rocks or hardshield oasis?

I'm only complaining about BOs on those 5x5 maps such as Stickleback where it indeed made a huge difference if you just had a standard BO or whored the map for a couple of times to get more tanks out earlier on.
Idc about BOs on larger 10x10 or 20x20 since you can't abuse that early advantage as hard as you can on 5x5.

Unironically just knowing how to play certain maps due to watching other replays, stealing Bully's BOs massively increased my gameplay on those maps. Same goes for literally every trainee I had.

Could you guys please argue 1 on 1 elsewhere and let hint actually get his replies at face value?

@morax no :psycho:

dont want to learn build orders for maps, play a bit more casual in team games so no interest in ladder. i dont want the fact i picked the wrong build order to be the reason im being bombed to death. guess im not competitive enough.

Well what matter the most is what you opponent is gonna do vs how you are going to respond to it on ladder saying he has better BO is just skill issue to me.