Veterancy removal for most units

Vet is a silly mechanic. I thought originally it only added regen, not health.

I like vet and I wouldn't mind to see it even improved. To add some extra damage on the weapons like in vanilla.

This post is deleted!

@advena said in Veterancy removal for most units:

Remove veterancy for all units but

• experimentals
  • ACU

As compensation buff hitpoints:

• Striker by 1 hp
  • All T2 units by 10-20%
  • All T3 units by 20-30%

Reason:
Sim speed (notably in ASF battles)

it just will broke the game
veterancy is the reward for good units usage and micro
and all strategies with seraf regen aura will be dead from that change

and for what? to fix some lags in asf battles? which exist only in eco-global games?
madness

it's better to buff vet instead of deleting it, this will bring more fun and skill-dependency to the game

@FunkOff said in Veterancy removal for most units:

I agree that veterency is rarely relevant outside acus and xps.

Like labs, that can get wet and stay alive and raid longer, like t3 bots that can do the same, like destros, or b-ships, or t1 or t3 bomber them you have only one. Really not relevant for you?

@speed2 yes, improving vet would be cool, but how to do so in a way that does not slow the game even more. If there were no lag concerns I'd suggest having rank 4 give some AOE buff to like accuracy or weapon range or rate of fire to similar units. And rank 5 be an AOE passive vet gain, or some other thing that maybe makes you want to bring them home. Idk, just sounding here.

And IMO the air game needs to be revamped in general. Idk what, but something needs to clear the skies and make the meta more than "Get a shit ton of them, then go at it!" Which is lag city. But lanchesters law is the law, so making something that changes that up would be an ordeal.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Well the heaviest part is mass distribution and we have that already. Changing one value on a weapon is cheap. Also the code is already there... Since it worked in the vanilla. The code that handles it stayed, just the values what to change it to were removed, so it does nothing.

@KaletheQuick said in Veterancy removal for most units:

@speed2 yes, improving vet would be cool, but how to do so in a way that does not slow the game even more. If there were no lag concerns I'd suggest having rank 4 give some AOE buff to like accuracy or weapon range or rate of fire to similar units. And rank 5 be an AOE passive vet gain, or some other thing that maybe makes you want to bring them home. Idk, just sounding here.

And IMO the air game needs to be revamped in general. Idk what, but something needs to clear the skies and make the meta more than "Get a shit ton of them, then go at it!" Which is lag city. But lanchesters law is the law, so making something that changes that up would be an ordeal.

t4 asf, costs x5, have x3 asf dps and x3 hp and x2 speed and aoe dmg, and can be upgraded to so there is diminishing returns on building lots of them ?)
TLDR: mini-czars without land dmg.

I think we should remove vet for all land t1 units, bar labs, and for those units give them an increased based regen of 2hps. For extra sim speed.

I think ASF and Inties benefit from vet, as it means you get a slight advantage for winning and repair your units.

There are a number of buildings that don't benefit at all from it such as Nukes.

Those units you mentioned dont really slow down the sim speed, you would get almost no benefit from it.