game stuck on connecting scren

Hi guys,
me and my friends are constantly having the game get stuck on the "connecting..." screen. sometimes we get through but lately its been particularly bad. is there anything we can do to get a more reliable game going?

Try vpn through other country

Has anything changed at all on your setup or your friends setup? Just wondering as you say it's worse lately.

I'm getting the same issue lately unable to join a game just gets stuck on connecting and nothing else happens. Any suggestions its also happening with host in same country.
Using the latest client build v2022.3.0 installed few days ago. Windows7 64 Bit PC.

@Heavenly Have you tried a VPN for different countries?

@scout_more_often no, nothing's changed im afraid!

i remember, months ago, changing my DNS settings to make this problem less severe, but that doesn't seem to have worked anymore. Is a VPN really that necessary?

@scout_more_often it's changes on backend of faf

What changes though? Can you find the commits? The ICE adapter received its last change in January:

And that introduced additional logging.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in game stuck on connecting scren:

What changes though? Can you find the commits? The ICE adapter received its last change in January:

And that introduced additional logging.

That ice adapter isn't used in the client as it caused issues. The client is still on 3.0.0

@jip isn't they added some new ice servers

i had the same issue and i asked the chat on faf and someone told me to disable ipv6 through control panel and it worked. might want to give this a try 🙂