4v4 matchmaker is just around the corner

Great news. Thanks guys! Faf is getting better and better.

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

I ask you to show the pool of cards a few months before the release and their number! This should not be a decision in the silence of a small group, without universal reaction and criticism

4v4/3v3 tmm talk was always around for the last 6 months

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

Need dat Seton's queue...
;D

The Honorable Recall

please only queues for relevant maps like dual gap, thanks

Amazing work!

Not entirely sure if a unique rating for each of the two 4v4 queues makes sense, but I guess the similarity of the modes, or lack thereof, depends hugely on map choice.
Regardless, increasing the deviation for the overrated globals (like me) was a very smart move!

@cheeseberry said in 4v4 matchmaker is just around the corner:

Not entirely sure if a unique rating for each of the two 4v4 queues makes sense

If anything we will find out if enough people play both modes.

But I imagine that knowing how to properly build a paragon or mavor is more relevant in one mode than the other, for example.

@robustness said in 4v4 matchmaker is just around the corner:

I ask you to show the pool of cards a few months before the release and their number! This should not be a decision in the silence of a small group, without universal reaction and criticism

We are sorting out the maps for the pool. Upon completion of the draft I will be posting it here for feedback, just as we do for ladder and 2v2.

@valki said in 4v4 matchmaker is just around the corner:

This is absolutely fantastic, might challenge Age of Empires 4 for me.

@blackyps said in 4v4 matchmaker is just around the corner:

• Share Until Death is enabled - keeping ACU snipes as a viable option to end the game.
  • more 10x10 and less 20x20 maps - keep the ratio of 20x20 lower for more relaxed play
  • Unique Rating

I hope that the 20x20 maps in this pool will be similar in playtime range to the 10x10's in this pool? It would be a shame if the average game time deviates too much.

Playtime is not something you can really control. I have seen 10x10 maps last longer than 20x20 and Vice versa, unfortunately. In fact, just about any hilly plateau i have played I set aside at minimum 45 minutes as the gameplay is very “turtly.”

Just wanted to say thanks to all involved in the Matchmaker development. I’m really excited for this.

@robustness said in 4v4 matchmaker is just around the corner:

Please see this thread for that very request, Robustness:

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/2872/4v4-tmm-map-list-wip-community-feedback-welcome

Why we have to wait always three minutes even when enough player are waiting, will this be changed?

There is a small waiting time to enable creating the highest quality games possible.

When there are more people available then better balanced games can be created.

If there are 4-5 ppl waiting, and there is a good quality it could just start immediately, i don´t see why it should´t.
Just because next loop could get some 0,% better quality?

CoH matchmaker 2v2 starts immediately too, when quality is balanced.

The only advantage, you have 3min to go piss or do stuff.