About UI mods

I have a couple questions regarding UI mods, such as Advanced target priorities, Advanced Reclaim Info etc:

1. i see they need to be selected when you host a game. Why is this necessary? Shouldn't they affect only my UI?

2. is a hosted game with UI mods unranked?

3. if i host a game with UI mods, will a player auto-download them upon joining the lobby, similar to a new map?

1. Yes, they only affect your UI; you don't have to select them at the time you host the game, you can select them in the lobby as well.

2. No, as UI mods only affect you (it's sim mods that typically make games unranked).

3. No, they will need to download them manually or from the vault if they want to use them.

Question: I use the 10 UI-Mods posted below,
all downloaded from the FAF vaults,
but when I start games there is a pop-up on bottom of screen that states: Fearghal is trying to cheat.
Can someone tell me why, and which if any of the mods I am using is "illegal"?
UI-Mods.jpg

I think its the "Reveal Positions" mod which may be in conflict with the spawn settings of the game

@Amygdala said in About UI mods:

I think its the "Reveal Positions" mod which may be in conflict with the spawn settings of the game

Thanks,,
I was just reading the list of banned exploits here:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/203/list-of-banned-exploits-updated-13-09-2020

and see this:
Using a mod (or any other way) on a map with "random spawns" that
shows exactly which player has which start point and faction.

Maybe Reveal does 'trigger' the above infraction, but the 'cheat' message shows up in fixed start positions too.

I will still try deactivating the mod, to see if I still get message.

@deletethis said in About UI mods:

1. Yes, they only affect your UI; you don't have to select them at the time you host the game, you can select them in the lobby as well.

2. No, as UI mods only affect you (it's sim mods that typically make games unranked).

3. No, they will need to download them manually or from the vault if they want to use them.

Thx bro, and a noob move from my side, i didn't see "Mods Manager" in the lobby until today šŸ˜‚

Btw, does the "Oof ACU sound" SIM mode make the game unranked?

if it's a SIM mod then it usually makes the game unranked (there are some exceptions I am pretty sure)

Only exception as far I know are featued and fxExplosion mods. For a mod to be ranked, one of the mod admins need to set it so if its Sim.

Iā€™m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project