Community Game Night! - Feedback

Two years ago we had Community Game Nights run by our old Community Manager (CM) Deribus, after some time these lost interest and died down. Although, we have recently brought them back and are on our way to have our 3rd CGN on Saturday 28th of September, 2024 (Current projection as of this post being written). Although the progression of attendance has been constant full lobbies (or even overflow), the feedback given to these events this far seems to be rather sparse or outright not said at all, which is fine to operate under, but how can we improve this Biweekly event if we don't know the good, the bad, and the ugly?

I'd like to use this Forum post as a way to gather insights on this event, hopefully if this continually goes on and on the insights gathered can be used to make adjustments, improvements and to help other aspects of FAF.

Please feel free to make any comments you'd like in regards to the Community Game Night, I'd prefer you'd have been there for at least 3 of the games since we've started them back, but I know a few of those who have been in vc only may have some insights and concerns as well.

P.S. If you have any suggestions for themes as well, we'd love to hear those as well.

Loving the Community Game Nights so far and I'd like to see a FFA / team FFA game or two.

@willowisppsi Could you elaborate? I'm unsure of any FFA maps or how it'd work logistically, but it does sound promising!

I've not been able to join due to issues with timezones. Now the amount of players from Japan can be counted on one mutilated hand, but I bet there's a bunch of Australians who feel similarly left out. Might wanna do another timezone too next time?

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

@indexlibrorum I am aware of the EST folk also having difficulty getting to the Europe central games, and I believe we'll be doing an EST run of the CGN as well as the European one as well, although I'm not involved in planning for the 28th September event.

I would consult @Terminal about if he's still planning to do the EST CGN, and what times. If all goes well for a testing period and go from there : )

Unsure if these times will help you or the AUS players, but all i can really put forward for now, apologies boss.

Hello CGN attendees past present and future! I require some insights from you,

As we make these standardized within the community, I wish to keep it fresh each week, with new challenges and twists. These create new ways to make FAF appealing in these CGNs.

I would like to ask for suggestions or feedback, both of these will make the CGN's much better, and hopefully make planning them even more streamlined.

Also, if anyone wishes to become an organiser of this event, I'd be open to bringing a few more people on board should this continue to be successful.

Thank you for your attendance and your feedback, it means a lot.

What even is this? Just people hosting games, people joining them and playing the game?