Reclaim in hard-to-reach places

I noticed that only 1 faction has flying engies, and, hence, they are the only faction capable of easily reclaiming from hard-to-reach places like mountains.

Maybe consider adding flying reclaimers to all factions at some point?

Let's not remove another aspect of faction diversity, but rather just build a transport.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

If there's a significant amount of anything only reachable by one faction on a map, that's the map designer's fault, not the game balance's

@indexlibrorum said in Reclaim in hard-to-reach places:

Let's not remove another aspect of faction diversity, but rather just build a transport.

Transports do not allow you to drop units on uneven terrain.

@captainklutz said in Reclaim in hard-to-reach places:

If there's a significant amount of anything only reachable by one faction on a map, that's the map designer's fault, not the game balance's

Aircraft can fall on mountains.

@kilatamoro As Klux mentioned, that's an issue with map design, not an issue with a faction. Factions having different pros and cons on certain maps is an effect of faction diversity, which is a good thing.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

OK, here is an example of a bad map called Seton's Clutch where you can't reclaim an ahwassa on a mountain: alt text, where with red marked the spot where your transport drops units if you try dropping them close to the fallen ahwassa.

Here is my idea of how to fix this while keeping faction diversity: Cybran: jester gets a small reclaiming tool; Aeon: czar gets a giant reclaiming tool; Seraphim: transports get medium reclaiming tool.

Or just give reclaiming tools to gunships or transports.

2675637d-7a30-45cd-8976-b374eef682d8-image.png

Gotta get creative with the factory attack move

adaddc11-99c3-4f56-b7c1-bfdd76ffa3f5-image.png

You can also interrupt pathfinding with engis on attack move (or SACU/ACU on patrol iirc) and they will lock on to and reclaim a single target using fac attack move range, which can be useful for this scenario.