Ok, I tried, good luck. I really liked this game

I know no one cares probably but holy shit, I am so tired of being blamed for connection issues when my connection is pristine. No malice, but I can't play this game any more.

Good luck with this, I'll check back once in a while to see if the issues are resolved but it's literally unplayable now.

Sorry, I know this sucks and happens too often.

Your connection sucks. You keep lagging out. I'm thinking you must be on wireless or/and a shared network. It doesn't matter if it's fiber or cable/dsl. It's still going to suck. If you are wired directly to the modem that connects you to the internet. And no one else is using your wireless connection. Not even your own phone. Then it could be a distance lag problem. Someone who hails from australia and tries to play with someone from usa is going to experience a little lag.

@logic9867 I'm sorry to hear you're facing this problem. If you're willing to give it another go at some point, I can say what worked for me to reduce the number of connection problems: the faf ICE web telemetry UI

The tool lets you see, during the lobby phase, which connections are direct and which are via proxy servers. You can then ask the affected players to rejoin the lobby until all the connections are direct, which will help a lot.

The faf ICE web telemetry UI is available via the system tray once you are in lobby.

@quantumtyphoon Incorrect on every count. 1.5gig cable, no one else on the network, not even TV. Maybe a phone or two, but don't be ridiculous. Directly connected to the router at all times. The amount of time between any two points on earth via network is not enough to cause lag by itself. I don't experience lag in literally anything else but this game.

Edit: The guy above is literally what I'm talking about. People who don't understand networks assuming "someone's connection" sucks. I was on fiber for a couple years and cable for another and the issue is the same.

hi man, faf game state refreshes every 500ms, so as long as ping is 499 or below there will be no discernible difference to a ping of 1, if packets are lost (wifi or netwok problems of some kind) then there will be lag. (i am assuming there is no cpu lag here as well)
i would troubleshoot by making sure any av software is definitely allowing faf, (or not use real-time protection), temporarily disable windows update, get the phones off you network, make sure no other programs are using your connection, all other possibilities must be eliminated.

@logic9867 I'm starting to have the same problem. Or close too. I have to login with browser every time now. And I'm getting lags even though nothing is on my network etc. Frustrating.

@quantumtyphoon Make sure Remember Me is checked before clicking the Login with Browser button

@mostlostnoob I just figured that out. But thanks your right that did it.

@phong
Is this a UI mod to install? I can't find it?

@stan1234 once you join a lobby, a faf icon will appear in the system tray, next to the clock, at the right side of the task bar (might be hidden under an arrow menu). clicking this icon will open the FAF ICE adapter.

0185176d-0fcc-4c02-b89c-fc80bc609970-image.png

Open it, then click the button labeled "Show telemetry web ui"

d2f8c07a-ae7e-496d-bb2e-a4e9fee29792-image.png

A web page showing detailed information about each player's connection to others will open up in your browser. relay connections are indicated here

06cf9284-194e-4d4a-a476-59639fb3fa4b-image.png

@phong Thanks!