Game still creates crash log after game finished have to alt tab to exit and close crash log

I am still having these issues with FAF.
I uninstalled everything related to the game with Revo uninstaller. Installed the standalone FAF game from game box. Installed the FAF client and linked the game to steam. I disabled notifications and after game review. sound on stereo at 16bit 44100 hz. Everything works fine except when I have finished an online game. After going to the standard part of the screen to view stats. I select exit and the screen goes black. Nothing else happens I alt tab and there again is the log crash screen created. I am at a loss what is causing this, Is it the recent updates? Log file attached any help is appreciated just very annoying having the game issue after every game is finished. PC on Windows 11.

game_21662104.log

@heavenly are you running any UI mods?

@amygdala yes just the one mod it's the Redux Strategic Icons mod from macdeffy

Played another few games without the mod game still creates the crash log. Appears others are having this same issue also when discussed while online. Will just put up with this till it's fixed

Are you running with a two screen setup? Not sure if the "SetSecondaryDisplay" errors are related to that.

@magge No split screen on an LG monitor 3840x1600 144hz using this resolution. I don't think it has anything to do with the resolution for some reason it just does not exit and produces a crash log. Some others are experiencing this too when I asked prior to a game start. It's not an isolated issue.

@heavenly If you haven't already done so, can you please go to the FAF client > top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > Use FAF Debugger when starting Forged Alliance > check > click "Get the latest version of the debugger". This will write a more detailed game log the next time you play.

Also, I noticed in a previous log indications that you use Alt+Tab to switch programs while playing. Are you playing in full screen or Windowed?

@MostLostNoob thanks for the above I don't alt tab only while in the lobby before the game fills up or to get to the crash log and close it when game is finished.
The latest FAF update v3779 appears to have fixed this crash log issue fingers crossed. Had one game and it exited the game without an issue.
Thanks for your help with this.

@MostLostNoob I guess the new patch hasn't fixed this. Had another game and had to alt tab to close the crash log after finishing a game. I'll follow you recommendation and enable the FAF Debugger and upload the info here hopefully will find what is causing this issue.

@MostLostNoob here are todays logs game crashing when exiting hope there is some useful information there thanks

client.log

ice-adapter.log

game_21735399.log

@heavenly What version of vanilla SCFA do you have; GOG or CD/DVD?

@MostLostNoob It's the PC DVD Supreme Commander Forged Alliance from THQ. It does not require the original Supreme Commander game.

@heavenly Having the DVD version of vanilla SCFA may or may not be contributing to your crashes. Is it up-to-date with all the available patches that were released?

Using the DVD version leads me to ask, have you linked your FAF account with either Steam or GOG to verify you own SCFA through either of those services? If you linked it with Steam, why not use the Steam version of SCFA instead of the DVD version?

@MostLostNoob Yes the last official patch for the dvd version was beta v3603. There is patch v3684 haven't installed might try that. I don't think its the DVD version as I played with his version right up to December on Windows 7 without a hitch. I have since built new PC and now on Windows 11. Might be OS related or recent client updates during this time. The game is linked to Steam if it persists after some more updates might just install the Steam version of the game. Prefer not to rely on Steam to access the game. Thank you for your suggestions.

@heavenly After you downloaded the steam version once, you won't need steam to play FAF more than you need now.
You just use steam to download the newest version and verify that you own the game to FAF.
Once that's done FAF launches the game completely bypassing steam.

@Nex thanks I installed the steam version and found that I cannot run the exe file in C drive without using the FAF client. I think the Steam installed version of the game prevents this. I like to play sand box when a patch is released from FAF and save some games without having to use the client. Trying out and testing few things. I can't save any games through the client. I went back to my DVD box version and will put up with the crash log after a game. A client update or patch might fix this.

Quick question as I missed checking after reverting back to the DVD game is the Steam installed game patched the same as FAF v3781 if you run the game from the steam game directory where the game is installed? I guess I could play sandbox from there.

@heavenly Each version of SCFA is separate from one another. This means that if you launch from Steam, you're playing the Steam version. If you launch your DVD exe (or a shortcut from it), you're playing the DVD version. When you play the FAF version, you're using a separate game exe that's only used by FAF, you're not launching the exe from your vanilla SCFA install. The only thing the FAF version needs your vanilla install for is to use some the vanilla SCFA assets so that they don't have to be included in the download of the FAF game files.

If you want to play the FAF version without creating a game from the client so you can save & load, then you can either open the client > your username in top right corner > Logout > Play Offline or you can launch directly from the FAF game exe (or a shorcut of it) which by default is located at:

C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe

If you had issues with the Steam version running, then since that's separate from FAF, you need to figure out why that's not running on its own. Once you get the Steam SCFA running on its own, then you can change the FAF Client > top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > Game Location to point to the Steam SCFA install so FAF uses the assets of the Steam version instead of the from the DVD version. This guide should help in troubleshooting your Steam SCFA, but you can ask for help here should you need it.

@MostLostNoob I never noticed the offline tab at the bottom of the client the above is very helpful. The Steam version works so I will give that a go with the FAF client and see if these crashes persist. Thank you for your help.

Well I've given up trying to fix this. The Steam version doesn't fix the crash log when a game is finished.
I'm suspecting it's the FAF client that is causing this. Checked firewall and Windows 11 settings set for gaming. Everything works except when you select to exit the game. Thank you all for trying to help resolve this.

Last entries from the recent crash log

warning: Error running lua script: Failed to attach entity xas0204 to /projectiles/sinker/sinker_proj.bp on bone 1
stack traceback:
[C]: in function AttachBoneTo' ...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua(56): in function StartSinking'
...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua(35): in function <...projectiles.nx2\projectiles\sinker\sinker_script.lua:33>
debug: Loading module: /units/ueb0201/ueb0201_script.lua
debug: Current gametime: 00:21:00
debug: Loading module: /units/xss0202/xss0202_script.lua
debug: Matchstate - defeated: recurrentgate
debug: Matchstate - won: Heavenly
debug: Matchstate - won: SomuchCancer
debug: Matchstate - won: Uchiha_Izumi
debug: Matchstate - won: FritzBoxDe
debug: Matchstate - won: Overlander101
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 2 defeat -10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 1 victory 10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 5 victory 10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 7 victory 10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 9 victory 10
debug: (12655) Sending game result: 11 victory 10
debug: Loading module: /lua/system/dkson.lua
info: Score data received!
info: syncing max ping markers: 15
debug: OpenMovie /movies/menu_background.sfd: 277556
debug: Preparing movie /movies/menu_background.sfd: 277556
info: Block is too late !
info: terminated
info: /init
debug: Playing movie g:\sc forged alliance\supreme commander - forged alliance\movies\menu_background.sfd: 277556
info: Minimized true
debug: Playing movie g:\sc forged alliance\supreme commander - forged alliance\movies\menu_background.sfd: 1
info: Minimized false
info: Minimized true
debug: Playing movie g:\sc forged alliance\supreme commander - forged alliance\movies\menu_background.sfd: 1
info: Minimized false
info: GPGNET: setting nat handler to 0x00000000
info: CNetTCPBuf::Read(): recv() failed: WSAEINTR

@heavenly The end of this log indicates that you're still using the DVD version of the game for the vanilla SCFA assets that FAF uses, not the Steam version.

You need to go to FAF Client > top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > Game Location > Choose... > navigate to the root folder of your Steam install (should be something like: ...\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance > Select Folder.

If you need help locating the root folder of your Steam SCFA install, go to Steam > Library > right-click SCFA > Manage > Browse Local Files.