crash logs

Who can I send crash logs to?

Game just randomly crashing twice now. Quite flaky.

Suggest the dev team learn about try/catch blocks -- not aware of any other apps that just blow up the way FAF does.

Also, can the FAF client or game be modified to automatically send the logs in, so that you get a more reliable stream of log files, which I assume will help you troubleshoot the problem?

Perhaps some try/catch blocks that then fail over into some UI that lets you press submit to send in a log file?

@ginandtonicbot Sorry to see that you're having issues, Can you please click the Reply button at the bottom between the 👁 (View) icon & the "Mark unread" button. Next, go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified. From there, drag/drop the most recent game_21xxxxxx.log file (should be of the last game that crashed) into the Reply message window so those that can help (not me) have that data to look at.

game_21451635.log game_21456770.log

2 crash files.

i have a new windows 11 laptop, latest FAF patch.

RE: XACT3DApply ... my sound card only does 16 bit or 24 bt at 48K Hz. No 44100Hz option. It does have an Audio Enhancements setting that I can turn off when playing FAF to see if that helps. The thing is, this crash only happens once every 20 or so games, or less, which is wierd.

Are you sure no surround sound is enabled and you are running in stereo?

Have turned off "audio enhancements" and "spatial sound". Haven't played a game yet with these settings off, but will make sure they're off from now on, and report back any crashes.

Have had more success since changing audio config to stereo only, i.e. no spatial sound enhancements, but also found my switch was faulty, which doesn't help so binned that and got a new switch.

Everytime I exit at the end of a online game FAF crashes on Windows 11. Not sure what is causing this I have added exceptions to all the faf folders but still happens my audio is on PCM stereo.

@heavenly This might be related to the "After Game Review Notification".
Try disabling them in the client.

Thanks @Nex all my notifications are disabled and still happens get code 1 error then a crash log is created

The conversation regarding Heavenly's issue is continued here & should be documented in a new thread if the issue is not resolved.