'Brigadier Fletcher' Mapping tournament

Can we get an update from the judges on approximate completion? I'd imagine estimates would be more accurate now compared to 4 days ago.

Somewhere between now and when Jip has finished, is my best guess

@stormlantern so you're done as well?

I'm almost done 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Nice!

Grading by Deribus:

Author Map AI (up to 6) Theme (up to 8 ) Aesthetics (up to 10) Strategy (up to 16) Total
CaptainKlutz Adaptive Fangtooth Islands 6.0 3.0 5.0 13.0 27
Sting King of Beta Ceti 3.0 6.0 5.0 6.0 20
Prohibitorum Project Vortex 2.0 7.0 10.0 4.0 22.9999
TheCrimsonKnight Stulta Aqau Pugna 5.0 7.0 8.0 15.0 35

Grading by Jip:

Author Map AI (up to 6) Theme (up to 8 ) Aesthetics (up to 10) Strategy (up to 16) Total
CaptainKlutz Adaptive Fangtooth Islands 4.5 6.5 7.5 13.5 32
Sting King of Beta Ceti 5.5 6.5 11 6 29
Prohibitorum Project Vortex 5.5 6.5 9.25 11.75 33
TheCrimsonKnight Stulta Aqau Pugna 5.75 7.5 8.5 15 37

Grading by Stormlantern:

CaptainKlutz Adaptive Fangtooth Islands - 5.0 7.0 13.0 25
Sting King of Beta Ceti - 6.0 8.0 9.0 23
Prohibitorum Project Vortex - 7.5 8.0 8.0 23.5
TheCrimsonKnight Stulta Aqau Pugna - 6.0 8.5 7.0 21.5

Combined results:

Author Map AI (up to 12) Theme (up to 24) Aesthetics (up to 30) Strategy (up to 48) Total
CaptainKlutz Adaptive Fangtooth Islands 10.5 14.5 19.5 39.5 84 2nd ⛅
Sting King of Beta Ceti 8.5 18.5 24 21 72 4th
Prohibitorum Project Vortex 7.5 21 27.25 23.25 79 3rd
TheCrimsonKnight Stulta Aqau Pugna 10.75 20.5 25.0 37 93,25 1st ☀

With congratulations to everyone that participated and in particular for @TheCrimsonKnight for being 1st and for @CaptainKlutz for being 2nd! You can contact me to get your prize. Because of the expenses surrounding the prize, please follow the following procedure to obtain it:

• (1) Send me (this account) a message in the forums with a random string such as a guid and the prize that you would like to have.
  • (2) Send me (jip839) a message in Discord with the same guid that you send me on the forums and the prize that you would like to have.
  • (3) After confirming the GUIDs, I'll share you my personal email address.
  • (4) Send me an email with the same guid that you send me on the forums and Discord along with the prize that you would like to have

From that point onwards I assume that the email address belongs to you. We'll then arrange the price through the email. As a final step I ask you to confirm receiving the prize over email, Discord and in this topic again. It may take a few days to go over this process as I do have a professional and personal life :).

There's a lot of feedback surrounding the submissions. At the moment these are still relatively raw. You can find them on FAForever Wiki:

In particular my feedback can still use some refinement and a screenshot or two. I can highly encourage all participants to look up on the innovative approach of @STlNG on how he used the stratum textures and of @TheCrimsonKnight on how he used the stratum masks (specifically, mask 7 and 8).

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Congratulations to the winners!
Thanks for Jip for hosting and our esteemed judges for the grading.

The feedback is very on point and I agree with pretty much all the feedback Project Vortex got. Unlike previous projects, I never really fell in love with this map, and it shows in how rough it is in places. Was a good challenge nonetheless.

I'll be back for first place next time 😁

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

This post is deleted!

I have received my Gaea Indie license and it is fully functioning!

I have received my prize (WM Indie license). Thanks again for hosting and organising!