Looking for feedback on whether people perceive more or fewer connection problems

@FreadyFish @Utopian ATM, flags are based on the Cloudflare server that you're connected through to get to the FAF services. There's a fix in the pipeline that will be deployed the next time the FAF server is taken offline for maintenance, but it's unknown when that will be.

@freadyfish I also play SCFA on an iMac booted into Windows (custom install instead of strait Boot Camp) & did experience issues when exiting the game. It could be both or either the Mac's internal SSD or a sound bug (as inconceivable as that is). I have my install on an external SSD & also use a 3rd party sound device/driver (VoiceMeeter) & haven't had any issues with this setup for several years.

@mostlostnoob Thanks for the answer! Interesting to know that's how it works. Still, it's a bit odd to put two players who live in the same city in completely different countries for whatever reason. I guess we have different ISPs and that somehow affects the cloudflare connection? To be fair though, this whole "issue" is quite unimportant, it's just a funny visual bug.

@mostlostnoob Nice, someday I'll look into that. I think I deleted my music files (2 if I remember), otherwise it didn't start or crashed, something like that. I guess that's the quick fix if anyone else have the same problem. Great about the flags, I guess I can stand being Danish/Norwegian a bit longer. Barely. (JK dear neighbours) Update: Besides flags it been smooth since alpha-3.

@utopian When I play with my friends, we all connect to the same VPN Server, in order to get a direct p2p connection over this single server. Kind of like our on relay node. All the traffic gets routed over this server, yet some of us get a german flag, some get a dutch. We also thought this is weird, but that cloudflare thing explains it.

For me the connection has become much better with the latest version of the client. Before this, TMM was very bad, very often it could not connect with players, but I have a cable connection and a minimum number of disconnects. With the new client, I have never caught a situation where I see an empty player table in the ice client debugger window. Thanks to the developers for not abandoning the game and constantly improving the bugs.

Well I had connections problems tonight and have never had any before so....

@reckless_charger said in Looking for feedback on whether people perceive more or fewer connection problems:

Well I had connections problems tonight and have never had any before so....

Yesterday was an exception. There was an issue with our ice middleware.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

after the update it was as good as before the ddos attacks, which is ok, but not that good:P
BUT
after i turned on this cotourn server thing it got a lot better! maybe 1 out of 5 - 7 matches need to be re'ed, which is a huge improvement!

So thx for working on our most favourite rts:)

@jip yep, much better now thank you. far more stable.

now i'm back to the old issues of players having slow cpus, or players being far away from each other e.g. russia to australia

@jip There are more problems with constant disconnections and freezes.

Worse than ever. 0 games completed, 4/5 never even start-

I pinged our server admins to ask them to take a look.