Global ranking not accurate -- is there a way to reset?

I played vanilla forged alliance with a friend for years, so I'm not a new player. We just started playing on FAF, but started off just playing each other in 1:1 matches for the first 50 games or so. But unfortunately I didn't realize this has screwed my ranking (we're both about 1300, since we are about equally matched). However I'm really more newbish, and end up not being able to join newb games. At the same time, skilled players expecting a true 1300 player are very disappointed.

I looked for a way to reset my rank, or create a new account, etc -- but it doesn't seem possible. Is there some other way to start fresh?

@lafindumonde If you want help tanking your rank I am definitely available! I have rank tanking experience.

TBH I don't think there is a way to do this, but it's not as detrimental as you think. There is a lot of variance, with high rank people on Astro Crater Battles being awful on open wonder or setons.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Being a 1800 that is really not that good, I feel you. But, if you watch some replays of high-ranked players, understand the meta on some maps (seton, gap, etc) then you'll get yourself up to '1300' pretty quickly. Generally it is a meta thing that players are either unware of, or too aware of and get stuck in it.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I had the same issue when rejoining FAF, my rating was about 500 points too high. Sadly seems there no way to fix this but luckily once your rating does adjust the game becomes much more fun.

That said I still think this is an issue that desperately needs fixing given the detriment it has one games.

Best way is to host custom 1v1 and play a few games. You will gain skill and lose rating at the same time.

@KaletheQuick said in Global ranking not accurate -- is there a way to reset?:

@lafindumonde If you want help tanking your rank I am definitely available! I have rank tanking experience.

Do you now?

FAF Rules:

You will not manipulate your rating in any way.

Pretty sure it was a joke about losing games regularly.

@Deribus @FtXCommando
I am aware of the rule, and It was a joke in regards to that rule. I am indeed a chronic 800. However I would still 1v1 him. I would also not throw the game. From what I understand that would not be a problem, if we genuinely battled.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

@KaletheQuick No worries, tone can be hard to gauge online.

the answer is no,you can't reset your account's rating.
locking the thread.

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko