Connection issues never been this bad

What about the little sad Russian whose ego is shattered?

Unfortunately FAF is still suffering from DDOS attacks which are causing issues - see the announcements for further details. A solution is being worked on, but will take time:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/6680/ddos-update

More announcements and more monitoring. a year to late. the damage is done.

How about releasing the player statistics for this year. I have a suspicion

Yeah let's not fix it because we couldn't fix it on day one. We must stay consistent after all!

Why are you writing posts like this?

@maudlin27 said in Connection issues never been this bad:

Unfortunately FAF is still suffering from DDOS attacks which are causing issues - see the announcements for further details. A solution is being worked on, but will take time:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/6680/ddos-update

Well, I am grateful that there are people working on it. After all FAF is a "community project" of people loving the game and help to ensure we all can still have fun and enjoy it. There is no monetary motivation behind it. As long as this community has awesome people like this, I am hopeful we can get through this tough time.

@blackyps said in Connection issues never been this bad:

Yeah let's not fix it because we couldn't fix it on day one. We must stay consistent after all!

Why are you writing posts like this?

Because we are all frustrated, because I am frustrated. Because we waste entire evenings. The problem isn't even the Russian. He actually just highlights the level of incompetence this project is in. After reading the nonsense post in which even the Russian is given respect, I'm not exactly sure what's more absurd here.

The yelled frustration on the forum or at the developers about the DDoS is not helpful either. If you, @HOSCHMOSCH, want to assist instead of venting your anger, you are very welcome to contact the developers and contribute your IT expertise and coding professionalism to FAF. Even if you lack those abilities, the team is always open for constructive critic.

Everyone wants to have it fixed asap, just give it some time and it will be resolved like it always has been in the past.

If I had these skills, I would start working on it today.. Unfortunately i dont habe them, I don't possess them, and one should also admit it when that's the case. It's apparent that you don't have them either. Don't accuse me of not wanting to participate. I was even willing to donate specifically for this issue. I applied to be a moderator because no moderator has been online for weeks, but I didn't even receive a response. So much for that.

But, in the end, it's not really that important anymore. FAF is just a shadow of its former self. Only hardcore gamers like me and the FAF team remain. Everyone else is already looking for other games, and many have already found them.

Sadly, mentioning this trend is perceived as an attack. And unfortunately, everything that stands between success and FAF is the team's complete incompetence and their utter lack of direction."

Engaging the Russians could be a solution. Whoever finds irony can keep it.

@hoschmosch said in Connection issues never been this bad:

I applied to be a moderator because no moderator has been online for weeks, but I didn't even receive a response. So much for that.

Mods just dont show up in aeolus. We are still online.

Only hardcore gamers like me

🤡

Engaging the Russians could be a solution. Whoever finds irony can keep it.

Surely appeasing people with delusions of persecution willing to destroy a community with no remorse will lead to nothing but good things

I applied to be a moderator because no moderator has been online for weeks

I think I might be happier with no moderator than with you looking at how you present yourself here.

Sadly, mentioning this trend is perceived as an attack

No mentioning things aren't working isn't seen as an attack

highlights the level of incompetence this project is in

actively insulting the team however is.

The problem is not a lack of skill, but a lack of time to invest (aside from your own lack of skill)
The people that know how to solve the problem simply don't have the time to invest into it.
And lack of skill is also just an excuse for not wanting to invest the time to learn them.
So if you don't want to invest that time, then you have no right to demand this from anyone else.

@spikeynoob said in Connection issues never been this bad:

Mods just dont show up in aeolus. We are still online.

"Thank you. This is just another indicator of how messed up FAF is, and there are plenty more of them.

Only hardcore gamers like me

🤡

dito

@mazornoob said in Connection issues never been this bad:

Surely appeasing people with delusions of persecution willing to destroy a community with no remorse will lead to nothing but good things

Whoever finds irony can keep it. u know what that means ?

Dumb opinions lead to sarcastic responses and there's nothing you can do to prevent it

ede367db-afcd-47b4-a375-6aa1803f40bc-image.jpeg
Proof that faf is broken. If only the devs could solve the real problem instead of this ddos thing.

@nex said in Connection issues never been this bad:

I applied to be a moderator because no moderator has been online for weeks

I think I might be happier with no moderator than with you looking at how you present yourself here.

That's your personal opinion, and that's okay. What does one need as a mod? A lot of time, a great deal of knowledge about the game, and a respectful, neutral, and objective approach. Do I have all of that?

Sadly, mentioning this trend is perceived as an attack

No mentioning things aren't working isn't seen as an attack

Then do me a favor and just take a look at any random forum thread discussing criticism of FAF . Afterward, reconsider your statement.

highlights the level of incompetence this project is in

actively insulting the team however is.

That was certainly an exaggeration but not far from reality.

The problem is not a lack of skill, but a lack of time to invest (aside from your own lack of skill)
The people that know how to solve the problem simply don't have the time to invest into it.
And lack of skill is also just an excuse for not wanting to invest the time to learn them.
So if you don't want to invest that time, then you have no right to demand this from anyone else.

I won't casually learn all aspects of IT just to solve a specific and highly granular issue. as you mentioned, the admins claim to know what to do, but their precious time prevents them from investing that time in their own project and the community. Okay, fair enough. Do what you want with your time. But then step aside and say that you don't have time for us. an admin who invests more time in constantly giving us long-winded statements instead of addressing the problem? And again, this is about a core issue, not the design."

Considering that the quality has been in the gutter for about a year, and playing is hardly possible, you can be sure that everyone now knows that you either don't care anymore or you're trying to divert attention from your lack of knowledge and helplessness. The Russian has exposed you.

@spikeynoob said in Connection issues never been this bad:

ede367db-afcd-47b4-a375-6aa1803f40bc-image.jpeg
Proof that faf is broken. If only the devs could solve the real problem instead of this ddos thing.

Wow. So this is what moderators look like these days. I wish for the old team to be back with each passing day

That's your personal opinion, and that's okay. What does one need as a mod? A lot of time, a great deal of knowledge about the game, and a respectful, neutral, and objective approach. Do I have all of that?

Given your response to the ddos attack, it is evident that you are neither knowledgeable nor respectful. Hope this helps!

an admin who invests more time in constantly giving us long-winded statements instead of addressing the problem? And again, this is about a core issue, not the design."

From my perspective that's far from the truth. There's multiple people with sysadmin experience investing enough time into FAF for it to be a part-time job, all for free. FAF's infrastructure is non-trivial and takes much more effort to maintain and develop than say, a Minecraft or CS server, even without a few vindictive people hammering its services.

To give an exaggerated example, doomsaying of your sort is about as reasonable as saying that people running the economy are idiots and if they just printed and gave everyone a ton of money then everyone would be rich. It just doesn't work that way.

This thread is just "Gap addict in withdrawal" at this point.