needed mods that works with rated games

Hello,

in the past, I installed some mods, it seems that are not needed by there are now part of faf (mass storage around mex, reorder unit in build order list, smart display of what cost energy/mass, etc.).
but maybe there are other mods that are still needed to play correctly and that are allowed during ranked games ?

if yes, what are they ?

Every UI mod is allowed and other ppl can't see the ones you're using.
Every SIM mod is what unranks a game.

You can filter the mod vault for what you want. In the lobby itself it also displays "X UI mods active, Y SIM mods active" right below the map.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

Thanks. Do you have a list of 'needed' ui mod that are needed to play 'correctly' and that almost everyone uses ?

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/1186/ui-mod-guide-for-the-improving-player

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@sladow-noob

Thanks I read it but I have problem because some mods are maybe no more useful because included in faf I don't know.

For instance I don't succeed to find the correct scoreboard upper right where I can right click on élec to automatically ask for élec in the chat.

At then end of the game. I don't have anymore the graph of result. I have only a tab. Do I need a mod for this ? Or is it the default behavior ?

@iostrym said in needed mods that works with rated games:

For instance I don't succeed to find the correct scoreboard upper right where I can right click on élec to automatically ask for élec in the chat.

That's already integrated, no mods needed.

@sladow-noob

Thanks I read it but I have problem because some mods are maybe no more useful because included in faf I don't know.

At then end of the game. I don't have anymore the graph of result. I have only a tab. Do I need a mod for this ? Or is it the default behavior ?

Are you sure you were playing the FAF version of the game & not vanilla (Steam, GOG, CD/DVD)?

I play FAF online using the official FAF client. I guess I'm using the FAF version.

but for an unknown reason recently the game was strange because I lose the hability to built automatically mass storage around mex as if some mod were removed, I don't understand why. and then also the graph at the end and the hability to ask for elec and mass...

I lose the hability to built automatically mass storage around mex as if some mod were removed

The old implementation of this feature was costly to performance, so it was briefly removed & then replaced with a better function. You need to enable that via in-game Options > Gameplay > Commands > multiple Assist settings. You can also use the new context-based templates feature (F1 Key Bindings > Orders - Mouse Context > Cycle Templates).

and then also the graph at the end

I have no idea why this wouldn't be working for you. You may nee dto click one of the buttons at the bottom of the old score screen to get back to the graph version.

and the hability to ask for elec and mass...

This should be working even with the base FAF scoreboard. I would suggest that you create a custom game for just yourself & set the Victory Condition to Sandbox so you can hover your mouse for a few moments over the different mass, energy & unit icons in the scoreboard to see the details of what can be done & how to do it. If you still can't get it to work, then please take a screen shot of what you're looking at so those that can help are seeing what you are.

Also, while you're in the Sandbox game, I'd suggest that you look in the in-game Options & the F1 Key Bindings menus to see what other hidden treasures that are for you to use.

here is what I have as a scoreboard upper right.... scoreboard_upper_right.jpg

is it the normal one ?

during multi game asking for elec don't works. I don't know if I can test it with IA, I tried with IA during a 2 vs 2 it didn't work also.

@iostrym Yes, that's the base FAF scoreboard. Here's what you can do with it:

Deafult FAF Scoreboard Mass Help.jpg
Deafult FAF Scoreboard Energy Help.jpg
Deafult FAF Scoreboard Unit Help.jpg

thanks for your answer. there was a modification ? weeks ago, it was a simple right click or left click. isn't it ?

@iostrym Here's my list of recommended UI mods and what they do:

• Advanced Target Priorities | Let's you manually select what your units should focus on first when shooting
  • Build range preview | Shows the build radius of engineers, SACU's, and ACU's when placing their move orders
  • Common mod tools | Is a requirement for some mods (I think? Dunno.)
  • Idle Engineers 2 | Highlights engineers that are idle
  • Redux Strategic Icons Large | different icons that I find easier to read. Important buildings are highlighted
  • Supreme Economy Next | Creates an summary overview of all your mexes, their techlevels, and if they are currently upgraded. Also creates an overview of your top-5 mass and energy expenses, so you know where your eco is going
  • TeamInfo share | Provides countdowns for things like nuke launchers and shares them with allies
  • UI mod tools | Another requirement? Maybe? Again, dunno.

"Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

Newest map: luminary.png

@iostrym The only mods I use are a strategic icons mod, 'engineer alt selection', and 'build range preview' (ok, I use 'range tester' too, but I hardly ever use it, it's just a throwback to another time!). A lot of people use an eco manager to see MEX upgrades though.
You can certainly get by fine in the game without any mods.

(You can do a great deal with custom keybindings if you learn about game.prefs without doing any modding btw)