I am abandoning Aeon

Lets look more realisitcally at our win rates since the last balance patch:

34557c48-a500-4c18-8a43-53bf59fa3127-image.png

Time to buff cybran and sera, nerf the UEF

@angelofd347h Looks like I will be playing UEF from now on

I agree that Aeon kinda sucks. I disagree with Sladow on some strengths. Aeon has the worst ACU now that Cybran has nano and sniper comm was nerfed. T2 land is the worst, T3 land is also the worst, although the GC is probably the best land XP, so that does help mitigate the land problems a lot.

T2 land is the worst

In what world is it the worst when it has hover T2 shields, hover T2 flak, obsidians that were steadily buffed to be great and blazes that were steadily buffed to be good?

T3 land is also the worst

In what world is it the worst when it has Harbingers, sniper bots and the only T3 arty that can fire on the move and shieldless Cybran T3 land exists?

guys my aeon win rate is also low that’s so crazy

@thecrimsonknight excuse me but my first comment was actually meant to explain what I meant!

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@mazornoob said in I am abandoning Aeon:

hover

Hover anything matters only when there is water present on the map and its strength is based on how much water is present. Not a lot of water in 1v1

Sure. Now tell me how Aeon T2 land is weaker than Cybran when blazes + shields counter hoplites, obsidians counter rhinos and ACU vision counters stealth.

alt text

buff aeon bros…. they aren’t top 2 in everything….

Nooooooo they are only nerfing aeon nooooooo how could they do it to my beloved faction

Skill issue

Funny part is the only section in land Aeon is 4th in, they were 2nd or best in when they had their insane OP ACU

Aeon enjoyers when they have no autowin condition from min 0-40

Questions regarding the image you sent:
why uef t1 land > sera and why aeon t1 land > uef
what's "late t1 air" since it should be the same as early t1 air?

uef’s better (having a) lab gives more flexibility in early t1 stage since thaam and striker differences are quite marginal in the grand scheme of things. You won’t push 3 thaams into 3 strikers aggressively. But thaam + zthuee + sera ACU are stronger on late t1.

Aeon early t1 flare is op as is spirit, to the point they can deal with tank groups smaller than 4 using just those units. Which is basically what I define as early t1 stage.

Early t1 is stuff like first bomber mostly and killing expansion engies, late t1 is when you have the capacity to scout aggression before it happens, so like 8-10 ints roughly with some radars/scout planes existing.

Late t1 strength is mainly governed by t1 arty drops since IMO most bombers are equally decent at cancer attack moving around the map/killing pgens and in early t1 sera and aeon are strictly superior in killing engies with sera having the better 1st bomber for it.

oh yeah, true.. labs exist :imfine: was thinking about like <30 tanks early on and later stage being 100+ where aeon clearly sucks due to clumping together.

air also makes sense ig even though I personally would ignore splitting it into dif. parts. But tbf it makes the whole table look nicer

also a random thing, weren't cybran BS less expensive than the other ones making them better than seraphim / aeon?

Cyb BS has a projectile as slow as UEF, Aeon wins 1v1 assuming some base competency of micro.

that's why, gotcha

Reminds me that sera has a critical weakness of not having a lab for their t1 engie drops and I also didn’t really account for ghettos, both of those would result in a net buff of Aeon t1 air lol

@mazornoob The obsidian is the worst T2 tank because it's expensive, but also slow and has short range. The harbinger is also the worst T3 bot. It's the best against T1 units, but the worst against other T3 bots/Othuums. Sniper bots are not very good, generally, because their HP sucks ass and it's very easy to kill them with bombers are gunships, even just 2 T1 bombers will one-pass them. Trust me on this, I kill them all the time. The factions with the heavy bots - Percival and Brick - do not have this problem, and they do not require mobile shields and careful attention to manage. Also, because Aeon only has T2 mobile shield to protect the sniper - Seraphim at least has the T3 mobile shield - their land is therefore the worst at this stage. \

I like Aeon because of their good air.... but their land suks

@funkoff said in I am abandoning Aeon:

Trust me on this, I kill them all the time.

What a coincidence that saying "sniperbots suck cuz you can easily kill them" is completely wrong and I never ever saw you in any somewhat high rated lobby where ppl actually know how to use and protect sniperbots.
Also Cybran having no shields is literally the reason they autoloose against sniperbots.

Not even going to argue about the rest cuz what you said is just wrong on so many levels.