Why would you have left FAF?

This post is deleted!

@nine2 1. because the game does not change. any proposals are rejected. the same thing is boring.

1. the game has a bad balance designed for nerds. a simple player with beer and a hamburger does not experience any pleasure. No proposals to change this have been made.

lol

@broker Propose something.

play chess 🙂 @snoog

@snoog First we need to decide what our goal is. Grow your audience? Then you need to simplify the game and make it more fun. But any simplification will be perceived as sacrilege) Now the game is dull chess. I play this project only because of the cool art design and the huge amount of content.

This post is deleted!

@nflanders said in Why would you have left FAF?:

@snoog First we need to decide what our goal is. Grow your audience? Then you need to simplify the game and make it more fun. But any simplification will be perceived as sacrilege) Now the game is dull chess. I play this project only because of the cool art design and the huge amount of content.

just do loot shooter auto chess bros…..

@snoog said in Why would you have left FAF?:

@broker Propose something.

uselessly. I tried. others too. I don't want to waste time and think anymore. the game is exclusively for a small number of nerds who do not want to change it somehow. a sacred game.)))

@broker have you tried asking modders if they’ll make a mod with the changes you want so you can play the game that way? Not sure what changes you want but it's called forged alliance forever for a reason, its goal isn’t to upset the core game mechanics.

Strong modding communities usually keep games fresh. People still play the first Neverwinter Nights even.

@exselsior said in Why would you have left FAF?:

@broker have you tried asking modders if they’ll make a mod with the changes you want so you can play the game that way? Not sure what changes you want but it's called forged alliance forever for a reason, its goal isn’t to upset the core game mechanics.

Long story short, dude basically just watches casts and plays dual gap. Thinks every game ends with game ender spam and that’s always the focus in every game. Wants games to end with big armies instead.

I know it’s mainly from watching casts because he was told to play the matchmakers and just said “ah it’s just spamming for 10 minutes and then u just do the same game ender stuff.”

The funny thing is that casters are aware of what games are the most popular, and it is these games. So these types of guys come onto FAF and demand to make the most popular type of game even less possible while also not being aware that if you play the matchmakers, you might see a game ender like once a month if that.

@ftxcommando that's what you think.
you own the game, then you have the right to do as you like. I have no complaints. you can do as you want.

it's stupid to insist.

However, I am not ready to donate money for support either. and if funds are needed tomorrow to extend the life of the project, then there will be no money.
you have a small audience because of this approach. like a sacred game. which cannot be changed at all. although it's just a game.

one problem is if your ally has lost the air, then nothing can be done. Ground AA units are too weak against avassa or beetle. and there is a lot of this in the game.

@tankenabard said in Why would you have left FAF?:

Strong modding communities usually keep games fresh. People still play the first Neverwinter Nights even.

Nwn is very similar to supcom as there are no games like it.

Supcom and nwn are the only games I play anymore and if nwn had a good pvp server you'd see me hitting that up every night

@broker
My man, nobody stops you from playing modded games. Feel free to host them and enjoy them to your hearts content.

@xiaomao 1. no one will come.
2. the audience will remain small.

However, I also left.

@ftxcommando said in Why would you have left FAF?:

The funny thing is that casters are aware of what games are the most popular

Please clarify What games are the most popular?

It's almost like SupCom has always been a niche RTS. IMO it's delusional to think it'll ever have more than a small dedicated playerbase. If you want a popular, simplified RTS there's are plenty of other options.

@nflanders said in Why would you have left FAF?:

@ftxcommando said in Why would you have left FAF?:

The funny thing is that casters are aware of what games are the most popular

Please clarify What games are the most popular?

1 hour long games of 40k mass armies of t4s or game enders being thrown at each other, doesn’t matter if everybody in the game stopped playing 30 mins ago or if it had about 6 trillion obvious errors of dudes donating mass to each other back and forth. Whole point is to look at the spectacle and not care about the reasons it exists.