RK's Explosion mod no longer supported?

Perhaps I'm not good at looking, but I didn't see this anywhere else. RK's mod has been working well for me until I recently updated the client and now it prevents ACUs from spawning in. Anyone know what may be causing this or is the mod just no longer supported by the current version? Thanks.

I'd love to fix it for you but I can't find the license of the mod. Therefore I can't upload a fixed version to the vault. Looking at the original post here:

I can't ping RK4000 which means he has no forum account. Maybe I can ask @speed2 and / or @Sheeo for permission to upload a fixed version?

edit: and perhaps add a license to the mod so that we won't have to ping you in the future again 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip It would be great if it could be repaired! Thank you very much

Here's the repo for the mod https://github.com/RK4000/RK-s-Explosions
IIRC I've uploaded the latest version to the mod vault

So if you make a PR with the fixes, I can make a new release and upload it.

Nice! Before the recent bug, we found it was causing desyncs too, but it didn't sound like an active project, so thanks for looking into it.

Some of the effects were pretty intense, but this mod is worth it alone for the oil slicks after a huge naval battle. 😄

@speed2 This makes it functional again:

There are other errors, but they aren't game breaking.

@Doompants the way the mod is setup - I wouldn't trust it together with other mods that change large aspects of the game.

Sadly seems that even with the linked fix, this is still broken (or maybe broken again by another update) as it gives an Access violation immediately upon loading.
game_20861403.log

It's not about if you ever reach your destination, the journey yields it's own rewards

The name of the repository doesn't match the expected name of the mod. If you rename the mod folder to rks_explosions then it should work

Ah! Always something I forget to check. That fixed it.

Just to note, the one on the Vault is still V12 so it'll still be broken. Was it intended that this was updated too or was the license an issue still?

Regardless, the support is much appreciated.

It's not about if you ever reach your destination, the journey yields it's own rewards

I can confirm the mod version distributed through the vault is still game-breaking. ACU will not spawn at the beginning of the game.

I haven't yet tried the github version linked above, but I'm not sure I trust the mod will get along with Total Mayhem and BlackOps-Unleashed also running. I wish there were another effects mod that was maybe a bit simpler to keep updated and compatible with other mods.