2 features i would like to be added regarding auto-mass fab manager.

1. Please add an option to enable/disable the auto-mass fab manager, sometimes it causes more detrimental damage to by economy instead of helping me, i can understand it being helpful for begineer players but for a veteran like me i am able to manage my own economy better without having the game do the job for me.

2. Add the "Pause" icon for the mass-fabs if they're turned off, the game does a poor job when it tries to communicate with the player that the massfab is in fact turned off, you have to manually find which mass fabs are turned off by hovering in each one of them, which doesn't seem practical in a scenario where you have dozens of them and you're busy focusing on other things, like how it used to be back then.

This feature can be sometimes very misleading because it tries to tell you that you're overbuilding mass fabs but it's very hard to notice it in-game because of what i said in my 2nd paragraph, and because the game never allows you to energy stall it gives the impression that you don't really need to expand your power income which isn't the case at all (this is also somewhat a skill issue related complaint).

Another issue is that sometimes massfabs automatically turn off even when you have plenty of energy left in the bank enough to give you the small time window to be able to fix it before you begin stalling, maybe add a threshold for how much energy left you have before it automatically turns off.

We're looking into an alternative at the moment that would also allow you to tweak the threshold as to when you want them to turn off, if at all.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in 2 features i would like to be added regarding auto-mass fab manager.:

We're looking into an alternative at the moment that would also allow you to tweak the threshold as to when you want them to turn off, if at all.

is yudi's 2nd option possible? if so, is it possible for this to be implemented asap, while the alternative of picking a threshold is added later?

We tried experimenting with that and it didn't work out at the time.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I don't know whether this post is useful, apologies if it isn't:
As a 'noob' player that is not good enough to manage my energy that well -
Compared to an 'auto-managed' economy, I'd rather I stalled hard and lost the match, after building too many fabricators; from my failure to manage my energy properly!

I might be wrong in this assumption, but I get the feeling that this feature was added to help 'less skilled' players like me manage mass fabs. I just wanted to add my opinion - I'd rather lose until I learned to get better, than have a 'crutch' to rescue me from my poor play.

(I do appreciate that UI mods can give players this exact advantage, so I totally get why it should be standardised if said UI mods can't be banned somehow. )

I forgot that this was even a feature, and now I'm excited to try it again.