Aeon Gun ACU

How about making the aeon sniper ACU require a 'sniper mode' akin to the seraphim sniper bot? Ie, something that slows the commander's move speed down dramatically?

In Beta, the Range Upgrade for the ACu is Split into 2 Upgrades

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Edit: Just did the math. Aeon gun is now double the cost (both mass and energy) of other guns for a whole 5 meters, which is silly.

I am not fond of this change. 5 meters is not a lot, and already requires significant attention & micro to utilize. The synergy with Chrono is admittedly cool, but the cost of the second range upgrade is way too high.

Lol.

@immortal-d said in Aeon Gun ACU:

5 meters is not a lot,

Then don't get the 2nd upgrade

5 meters makes it impossible for bricks and percies to kill a shielded aeon gun acu

@deribus said in Aeon Gun ACU:

@immortal-d said in Aeon Gun ACU:

5 meters is not a lot,

Then don't get the 2nd upgrade

Your response tells me that you're the kind of player who makes newbies want to quit after 1 round.

@ftxcommando said in Aeon Gun ACU:

5 meters makes it impossible for bricks and percies to kill a shielded aeon gun acu

They can't catch the ACU, but neither can it stop retreating if a significant group of said units is pushing.

Problem is Aeon is really good at dealing with significant groups of percies, and them being able to get those 5 meters for free pretty much makes it impossible to punish stupid aggressive ACUs with the tool that is supposed to be able to do it via land. Snipers don't have the problem, percies and bricks do.

That's fair. I suppose I don't see that often at ~1400 range, as stupidly aggressive Coms tend to die to a combined Gunship & Strat attack.

@phong For what it's worth I'm learning some stuff by reading the arguments provided. 🙂

I was also not happy with the cost of the additional 5 meters, but then I remembered that I use Aeon ACU as a mobile defensive overcharge turret hiding under shields late game dealing up to 15k damage to land units from 35 units away (colossus is 40), and... whatever, let it be. Additional testing will show if that's the proper cost.