Developers Iteration II of 2023

The result is, as always, a dead-end discussion where everyone is offended. The team is satisfied with their indignant consensus. You really must let that sink in. Multiple people are working parallel on an AI while the entire system remains so unstable.
Then, for weeks and months, they work on the ability to construct buildings on uneven ground, while the system remains unstable. To mention this and question whether they still have any connection to the everyday gameplay is nothing less than common sense from someone who is on the outside.

What do you think about the players' motivation to provide feedback or improvement suggestions after they read this chat conversation? Exactly zero. And it's not just me who feels that way. This forum, as well as the old one, is full of such examples. Just like the team, i would like to contribute a small amount in my abilitys, so to speak, but afterwards, it feels like i am just fighting against their ego.

Hours upon hours are spent on minor balancing details while certain things clearly need to be adjusted.

I don't know how the team is structured or if it is even structured, but having someone who oversees and directs the allocation of resources to different projects would certainly be advantageous, not only for the team but ultimately for the players as well. I can assure you that 9 out of 10 people would gladly trade sloped buildings for smooth gameplay.

I think it's commendable that u guys are sacrificing their free time to make all of this possible. It's definitely a positive aspect. However, so much effort seems to be "wasted" in my opinion. and take it as it is. its just my opinion. it is not even relevant if its correct. I dont know, i am not in your team. I dont know what you are discussing internally. important is to ask your self why people like me think that.

Enough of this crap. I also consider it a wasted effort.
You do You

Have you ever thought about the fact that different problems require different skillsets to solve? This trade between sloped buildings and smooth gameplay doesn't exist. Not everybody is able to contribute to solving the server issues. Should they instead do nothing at all to give the illusion that we dedicate all efforts to the problem that is considered the highest priority?
Similarly, there is no resource allocation to do. How do you think that would work. That I go to the balance team and tell them "hey, you have to do X instead now."? They would laugh in my face. And rightfully so

P.S. we really need the downvote button back for forum posts

@blackyps
you can downvote your self.

@blackyps said in Developers Iteration II of 2023:

P.S. we really need the downvote button back for forum posts

btw. dont tell them what they have to work on. ....

@hoschmosch said in Developers Iteration II of 2023:

It's such a shame to see that nobody is controlling the programming power. Instead, redundant projects and relatively less important projects are being implemented, rather than addressing the relevant and more fundamental problems.

What problems are you referring to here?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

nah man this sucked the life out of me .. just forget it and keep on with what ever u doing. i am so done.

@HOSCHMOSCH I asked because I don't want to make assumptions on what you're referring to.

If it is about the general stability (which I interpret as connection problems) of the game then we have taken further steps to try to tackle the problem. Some of them are part of the second development iteration. We're monitoring the systems to evaluate their impact, but at the moment it is too soon to tell.

@jip said in Developers Iteration II of 2023:

@HOSCHMOSCH I asked because I don't want to make assumptions on what you're referring to.

If it is about the general stability (which I interpret as connection problems) of the game then we have taken further steps to try to tackle the problem. Some of them are part of the second development iteration. We're monitoring the systems to evaluate their impact, but at the moment it is too soon to tell.

yeah u assume right.
thats what i call a civilized answer. thx u

People need to stop thinking we ain't focusing on stability, we are. That shouldn't however stop other sectors of development or the entire game halts to a grind.

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

@hoschmosch said in Developers Iteration II of 2023:

@blackyps
you can downvote your self.

Yk, being salty won't solve anything, and if you are so smart, why wouldn't you contribute yourself?

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Shall we drop the topic? 🙂

Hello everyone,

is it normal that the client update takes up so much RAM? here are two pictures of me and a buddy.
fd3d2d34-2281-4599-880c-87808b6ec0de-image.png
d197e7e4-d65f-4e41-8ea3-2d84ffe0bad2-image.png

The alpha client reduces the memory footprint of the client, should be released soon. See also the second alpha release

A hot fix has been released this evening, you can find the details in the second post

This post is deleted!