Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread

UEF bubble shield doesn’t die to OC. Can’t compare it to mobile shields.

@waffelznoob said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

I think cybran acu getting nano is a bit odd, just doesnt quite suit it. 20 H/s regen on a base acu is also pretty crazy, for 5km 1v1 especially. Additionally, im pretty sure vet scales multiplicitavely, and the first level adds roughly 50%, meaning just one vet would put it near 30 H/s. Add stealth, and it'll regen 50. This is almost on par with the uef nano, for a lower cost, and added stealth.

These number are not entirely correct (uef vet brings regen 10->15, cyb vet brings regen 15->21, not quite 50%) so im not sure this'll be the case, it's just something im worried about happening. If someone knows more on how vet/base regen scaling works, i'd love to hear

https://patchnotes.faforever.com/3688.html
Vet regen increases are flat rates.

UEF nano costs 800m, 24k e for 40 regen, which is less then this new cybran nano(1k m , 32k e for 50 regen).

Does feel like the balance team are buffing early-mid game cybran when what is really needed is a treb buff to make it capable of breaking sera mobile shields.

The uef sheild change sounds more like a nerf than anything now

Hard for an upgrade with zero relevant use case to be nerfed tbh

Late end game upgrade to make it harder to snipe is now a high cost low use sheild. I guess you can toss a few mongoose under it if they stay with you at all.

Terrible use of your ACU because:

1. bubble boys exist which do the job twice as well
  2. you now made your ACU 2x more likely to die to teleport snipes
  3. Your ACU is now forced to stand around in 1 spot and in worst case scenario, it has a vastly easier time dying to t3 arty or novaxes.

This shield serves as a way to make your first few percies OC proof.

@angelofd347h said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

https://patchnotes.faforever.com/3688.html
Vet regen increases are flat rates.

wow thats really long ago, cant believe i still thought vetted uef acu would be 15 health/sec. thx for letting me know

@ftxcommando said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

Terrible use of your ACU because:

1. bubble boys exist which do the job twice as well
  2. you now made your ACU 2x more likely to die to teleport snipes
  3. Your ACU is now forced to stand around in 1 spot and in worst case scenario, it has a vastly easier time dying to t3 arty or novaxes.

Good to know but why do you have to stand in one spot?

What use does the 9k health Bubble sheild have? Thanks

The answer is in your own post

I just said what it does. It’s an OC-resistant shield so making early percies is potentially actually viable again for UEF.

@ftxcommando said in Pending Balance Changes Feedback Thread:

If we assume that the opposing player is equally invested in combat,
we can reasonably expect them to possess an equal number of units and mass invested in upgrades.

Having 9K HP at T3 would provide around 5 seconds of survivability at best.
Overcharge damage may not have a significant impact on an ACU's Bubble Shield, but, that is almost meaningless as Tech 3 units would take care of the shield, regardless, and with ease, I might add.

Considering the current HP at 9K, it would make more sense for the shield to be more affordable.

On paper, the upgrade would make the first 2 or 3 Percies far more effective - especially if your Com is there, too...
However, my perspective on the upgrade was to allow the ACU to extend its usability well into the T3 stage, rather than just the early T3 stage.

At most, this change would grant an additional minute or two before the ACU becomes outmatched and is forced to retreat.

That said...
I must admit, my limited experience with the recent change makes it difficult to foresee its true impact in a match.
I'll have to do some more testing.

For now, though -
If a player is able to obtain it during a T2 stage, then that can be a huge turning point.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Bubble shield has never been very good. A bubble boi although not oc proof provides 50k hp for 5k mass and you don't lose when the bubble boi dies.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Still not sure with the current bubble sheild you have to stand in one spot.

Is this and of an era of hover strat?

just hoverbomb it longer 4head

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

You can always do flips with aeon t1 bomber if you get bored

Since in this patch navy is going to be changed a lot, I suggest also to rework t2 torpedo launchers to make them more usable. Now they are completely useless and literally no one builds them. I sugges to place them under water and reduce hp amount to approximately 2000, so that they could effectively kill t1 spam but will lose do destros with torpedos (cooper in case of the UEF). You can change them also in another way but please make them playable.

@gabitii they have been buffed in FAF beta

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

With 50% more build time, doesn't sound like a buff.

@rowey I do not think they need a "buff" which is actually not the case in balance patch. The damage was increased by 20% whereas build time was increased by more than 20%, therefore it is not a buff. Even if it would have been buff, I think they need a decent rework, not a buff.