LegendOfTheStars 2020 Substitution Qualifier

LegendOfTheStars Substitution Qualifier

Tournament Directors: FtXCommando,

Time: 28th of November, 15:00 UTC
Watch at: https://www.twitch.tv/faflive

This Tournament is part of the LegendOfTheStars End-of-the-Year 2020 Championship

Nexus Thread: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/283/legendofthestars-end-of-the-year-2020-championship
Challonge: https://challonge.com/8k6eergl
IRC channel: #LotS_Tourney

This is a 1v1 tournament with no rating limit. To sign up, post your name below. If you do not have a forum account, you're lying. Everyone with a FAF Account can log into these forums.

DIRECT ALL CONCERNS TO THE MAIN TOURNAMENT THREAD, THIS IS SOLELY FOR PARTICIPANTS, RESULTS, AND REPLAYS.

Prize pool:

1st place: Faction Face Avatar
2nd place: Faction Face Avatar
3rd place: Faction Logo Avatar
4th place:

The participants in this tourney will earn the right to act as substitutes for players that fail to show up for the Official Tournament. Your priority will be based on your placement in the qualifier itself.

Tournament style:

Single Elimination (BO1 & BO3)

Tournament rules:

See the Official FAF Tournament Rules.

Map pool:

• Crimson Feud (5x5)
  • Esgaroth's Ruins (5x5)
  • Theta Passage - FAF Version (5x5)
  • The Ganges Chasma (5x5)
  • Regor VI Highlands (10x10)
  • Cadmium Green (10x10)
  • serenity desert (10x10)
  • TAG_Craftious Maximus (10x10)
  • Z-D Rasty Lite (10x10)
  • Vya-3 Protectorate (10x10)
  • Chiron(20x20)
  • Roanoke Abyss (20x20)
  • Point of Reach v4 (20x20)
  • Mentor (20x20)
  • The Ditch (20x20)

Choosing Maps:

In order to select the maps played for each BO3, the two participants in each bracket stage will discuss amongst themselves which maps they would like to veto. Each player will be given the right to 3 vetoes and the bottom player in the bracket will be given the first veto. Each player will also submit vetoes sequentially.

Once the list is down to 9 maps, the players will be given the right to pick which of the nine they wish to play. The bottom seed will be given the right to pick the first map and the top seed will pick the second. The players will then report the list of maps alongside the two they pick to the Tournament Director. The Tournament Director will pick the third map from the list of potential maps in the case of a tie. Do note if a segment of the tournament is lagging behind the rest of the tournament, the Tournament Director reserves the right to require the players to play different maps from their chosen maps in order to speed their section up.

Choosing Factions:

Both players will also message the Tournament Director the 2 factions they pick to potentially play in their first game alongside the faction they wish to veto in that first game once they have decided on the first map. They will repeat this as their games go on in their BO3. A veto only applies to their opponent, so it is perfectly viable to pick a faction and veto it. If players deviate from their given factions, then they will forfeit the round on that map. A faction selection is final once given to the Tournament Director and cannot be edited later on. If a map was picked by a player in a preceding round and then picked again in another round, they are able to pick a different faction if they so wish.

AMENDMENTS PLEASE READ:

This Qualifier will see a couple adjustments in order to expedite games. Mainly, the RO16 will be a BO1 played on Vya-3 Protectorate rather than a BO3. In addition, the final itself will be a BO3 operating the same way as the rest of the tourney rather than a BO5.

Winners:

1st: keyser
2nd: Yudi
3rd: Seven
4th: Morax

Current sign ups:

Farmsletje (2138)
Shinobu (2129)
Eternal (1855)
bennis (1739)
Morax (1706)
Se7ven (1636)
FunkOff (1485)
MilchRatchet (1306)
keyser (0)
Lu_Xun_17 (0)

Im signing up because fuck it

im signing up to arrive an hour late again

I'm signing up because I lost the last two!

Im signing up because I like getting crushed

maybe this time i will be selected to participate in !

What is this new forum ? i sign in !

sign me up

@keyser @Lu_Xun_17 you both are not on the leaderboard

@Shinobu you will be added when you're unbanned and on the leaderboard again

I think it's racism against french.

You would surrender anyway, so what's the deal?

@speed2 i don't feel like being an accomplished french, if i can't even raise the white flag.

Can we please not have the BO1 ? It takes the fun away.

I do not want an extremely long tournament again and I also want a final that has finalists that aren't sick of playing. The RO16 is the only logical place to trim the fat as it's the most likely area to have stacked games.

@FtXCommando said in LegendOfTheStars 2020 Substitution Qualifier:

keyser (0)
Lu_Xun_17 (0)

The games won't be stacked if your bottom seeds are these two.

i sign up

Hate to waffle back and forth, but if we don’t hit the 16 player max, the initial round can go back to a BO3.

I will sign up just for fun? Such a low list haha

@Eternal said in LegendOfTheStars 2020 Substitution Qualifier:

Signing up

Are you still in the astro tourney?