FAF custom campaign maps way to hard

Am i missing something with these maps, most feel like they are aimed at maybe the top 0.1% - blockade. you have 3.80 seconds to somehow get to tech 2, with shields up and enough AA to knock out 20+ bombers and gunships and then survive 20+ tanks. - i have tried many combos, i can just about get the first shield up but then get swamped in a matter of seconds. very few of the new maps feel well thought out or even fun and more a case of flexing. I've not even found a good replay where it wasnt heavily modded to date. love the work and effort the FAF lot do, but these just feel badly made

i agree those missions are hard and can be more anoying than fun.

the original campaign had difficulty settings and i know the originals on faf are set on hard mode as standard.

being able to adjust difficulty to accomodate any skill level would go a long way for every one to enjoy them.

@caliber said in FAF custom campaign maps way to hard:

the original campaign had difficulty settings and i know the originals on faf are set on hard mode as standard.
being able to adjust difficulty to accomodate any skill level would go a long way for every one to enjoy them

It takes an obscene amount of effort to set up difficulty, to my knowledge. This is mostly because everything you have to do to set it up is done manually, which alone is already tedious. In some cases, you also have to code things differently.

Making a co-op campaign that is enjoyable for everyone requires a lot of effort and attention to detail.
Not an easy thing.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

Pretty sure there is a difficulty option setting already, it is just defaulted to hard to make everyone miserable.

@edfrancis001 is it too hard even on the easy difficulty?

There just not fun, you would not put a rank 0 player up against 4 x 2500 ranked players and call it fun and balanced, but that's what some of these maps feel like. it feels like the makers of the map designed it to play as they play in pvp, but that's not good for pve - i used a 2x resource mod and 2 x build speed which only just allowed me to get a shield up before the first 15 bombers and 20+ spam hit me, this time i got to 25 mins in when the map expanded and i got hit with dozens of strats every 30 seconds while tryign to shield up against the 10-15 heavy arty, t3 arty, 15+ cruisers and waves of othums that just spawn in

Ok, but did you change the difficulty or not?

yeah, I did, I put it on easy, odd game. - you don't get the insane 20+ bomber wave - which is the killer, but oddly they start to send t3 tanks and strats earlier than on hard. - those 1-2 early strats can be a pain but manageable. otherwise, it was a lot more fun, you had time/room to build a base before they go nuts. and the map does not expand until the smaller bases are knocked out - on hard it auto does this after a fixed time even with the setting off. overall much better. the last boss is still a dick with that t4 bomber spam and 4-5 nukes - but yeah, otherwise it was actually fun to play. i would still like to see FAF run it on hard with no mods solo and show how its supposed to be done

@edfrancis001 said in FAF custom campaign maps way to hard:

i would still like to see FAF run it on hard with no mods solo and show how its supposed to be done

You can probably get a replay out of the replay vault of someone doing this

It would be one of the runs listed on the scoreboard

But you'd want it to be a very recent one, so you're looking at current game balance

Maybe someone can look through the leaderboard and pick some good replay IDs for Mr. Francis, I'm too busy to do that at the moment

i had a lookie, quite a few 2 players, and a few more with auto-win mods, but there is no way to sort replays by modded or not modded is there?

There was a bug in the game code that allowed instantly finish structures, some of those are in the leaderboards.
Modded games don't show up in the leaderboards. Only game with default settings.