About the veterancy system

Stop arguing vet should be removed because it doesn't make sense in-universe or story wise. Compatibility with your fanfictions has never been and will never be a balance consideration.

If you believe vet should be removed or changed, explain how this would improve gameplay.

@deribus

Ok, sure. Ez Commander is already op in teamgames early on especially on 10km unless you are facing an opponent maybe 600 rating below and they cant macro at all. If your opponent can macro for example, Open Wonder you are forced to go into gun because theres no other way to counter Gun COM only Gun com can counter GUN Com on t1 phase which makes essentially all 10x10 Teamgame maps unless they are water shitty. They is essentially compounded by the trash Veterancy system we have, in which the com gets like 15 t1 unit kills, now hes suddenly got 2k to 3k more HP and hes just walking through ur t1, you cant fight the guncom without guncom because it ends up feeding the enemy. Its the same concept with late game experimentals and why feeding them t3 makes t3 completely garbage unless you are ALL in on t3 and its like a monkeylord or a chicken.

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

If you body block nicely for your Pd's you can stop the gun acu with t2 suite just fine. And the moment gun didn't manage to roll over your position he is royally fucked and not only him, but also his teammates as they will now get TML'ed.

Also, why are you feeding your units to your opponent, move them back. Make him pay for getting into his firing range. It's ACU you can out manouver it even with friggin aurora spam. If anything veterancy is the thing that actually allows the rambo playstyle to be even properly viable in team games. Otherwise there's literally no reason to go gun when T2 suite is just so much more flexible.

If this discussion was during the early stages of development, we would be demanding arguments for the veterancy system, not against. Because it doesn't make sense.

@deribus Can you stop silencing people? This is a forum.

What even is this argument. That 10x10 teamgames come down to some t1-t2 gun push? What kinda teamgames are you playing?

I’ve stopped plenty of gun acus with plenty of tech rushes to get either t2 on acu or 2 sparkies on the field. 2 t2 pd and you block a gun acu entirely on a 10x10 assuming you use your ACU peoperly and can just continue scaling it as you notice more and more mass dump into unit spam.

T3 beats t4s mass efficiently (gc doesn’t count), why should you be rewarded for dumping 10k mass of t3 at a 28k mass t4. Learn to play better and give up map control until you build up the correct force concentration to beat the enemy instead of walking in units as they show up.

@cyborg16 said in About the veterancy system:

@veteranashe said in About the veterancy system:

I like ta's vet system, just says it's a veteran and has a bonus to accuracy.

TA's vet system was 100% useless to nearly every unit, yet OP for Long Range Plasma Cannons. Please do not bring that back.

I actually didn't say why I liked it, it's easy to read that the unit had kills and had a very cool presentation imo.

@deribus said in About the veterancy system:

Stop arguing vet should be removed because it doesn't make sense in-universe or story wise. Compatibility with your fanfictions has never been and will never be a balance consideration.

If you believe vet should be removed or changed, explain how this would improve gameplay.

Game is supposed to be realistic.

@veteranashe no its not. Explain to me how the whole shit with eco system is realistic? How quantum seraphim shit is remotely realistic? Why do we have teleports?
What matters is quality of game mechanic, how well it is communicated, how intuitive it is. You dont have to make it realistic.

Skill issue

Realism vs suspension of belief, veterancy existing doesn’t take anyone out of the games “immersion”

the realism is irrelevant, game isn’t a simulation it’s supposed to be fun

How did we go from Jip saying he improved the system to a few people insisting that vet is the ebil and must be purged?

I am honestly baffled. This thread is going nowhere and should be closed imo, only negativity to be found here.

In closing, I would like to thank Jip once again for his good work because nobody actually bothered to in this thread.

@tomma said in About the veterancy system:

@veteranashe no its not. Explain to me how the whole shit with eco system is realistic? How quantum seraphim shit is remotely realistic? Why do we have teleports?
What matters is quality of game mechanic, how well it is communicated, how intuitive it is. You dont have to make it realistic.

there is a thing called science fiction to explain all that, veterancy stands out of that explanation without severe convolution to shoehorn it in, even if you technically can

@mach again, realism is irrelevant to discussion of veterancy, its good mechanic so it stays. Its intuitive and well communicated.
Explaining mechanic with in-game terms isnt bad, but its certainly not the first priority. If you want, you can rationalize it in any way you like.

Skill issue

I think this thread has run its course.

@jip said in About the veterancy system:

A few months later, there was something wrong with the implementation of the veterancy system: it could hoard megabytes of worth of tables into memory! Read all about it here: