never ending game

i just had a game where we killed all enemy coms. but it didnt end there. strange

https://replay.faforever.com/19221311

Maybe it needs to be more clear if a game is unranked (like sandbox mode is on or mods used etc) for players in the lobby.

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

@thecore said in never ending game:

Maybe it needs to be more clear if a game is unranked (like sandbox mode is on or mods used etc) for players in the lobby.

29cf9aaa-fa86-458d-b587-8acaefa943f2-immagine.png

@deletethis Yes, however I think a visual element like a ranked icon would be good to indicate to the player that is this going to be a ranked game.

The lobby has no way of knowing if the map is ranked. Adding a feature that only uses lobby settings to validate whether the game is ranked will create more confusion.

Maybe the client could show that the game is ranked, however if the host changes something to make it unranked the players already in the lobby would not know unless they switched back to the client to check.

oh ok i didnt tought about sandbox. but makes sence. thx

The client or lobby determining if the game will be ranked is supposedly an unsolvable problem in the field of computer science and engineering.

It's not unsolvable, but it would require more communication between the server and the lobby. That's complicated to set up and so far everybody that is theoretically capable of doing it has determined that their efforts are better spent elsewhere.