A small rework/ buff to sera t1 sub to rebalance their navy

imo underwater units shouldn't be able to get groundfired by surface weapon

@ftxcommando said in A small rework/ buff to sera t1 sub to rebalance their navy:

They’ve never been good against t2 subs

Yes they were good, I had similar results as @MazorNoob.

So you also saw they lose in real game numbers not some sandbox 1v1? Great.

So you recognise that you lied once more. And now you pretend, that unit statistics are different in sandbox? And we are supposed to believe it? 🙂

This post is deleted!

Idk what you tested wikingest but Sera destros definitely lose to T2 subs in numbers. Starting at about 4 destros vs 8 subs (mass equivalent) like 3 subs survive the encounter, so it's a quite brutal loss for Sera and it just gets worse at higher numbers. Your hairsplitting just makes you seem dumb and uninformed.

@FemtoZetta Thats exactly what I said. I would recommend to read my comments first. Sera destros used to largely win against subs, and now they are losing. So it must be broken. Or have you seen a balance change that made Sera t2 navy depend entirely from air? Was there a balance decision to make sera destros weaker than subs lately?

Not sure what kind of earlier you talk about, but Sera destros have lost to T2 subs for years.

I dont know, when it started, but at 7 Oct 2022, all destros lost to subs in big quantitys. As I brought out
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/4951/torp-bombers-are-too-strong-vs-subs/8?_=1675259960008
After that it got fixed someday, without much talk. Might have been something about torp defences fireing in opposite direction? So I checked it, and Sera destros did just fine against subs. Probably when @MazorNoob checked also. It was kind of big thing, who would not have noticed it, all destros losing to subs? And those who did the fixing and all. I dont see much to prove here. No need to look for replays, rather how could someone not know?

And so today Sera destros lose against t2 subs in big quantitys again...

This post is deleted!

@wikingest said in A small rework/ buff to sera t1 sub to rebalance their navy:

I dont know, when it started, but at 7 Oct 2022, all destros lost to subs in big quantitys. As I brought out

that’s not how it ever worked, salem and exodus beat subs uef and phim destro dont.

So a year ago subs won vs destros, then somehow they stopped winning and now they are winning again?

@Jip Can you help us out of toxicity here? Do you know anything about changes affecting destroyers vs submarines, from 7 oct 2022 to today? Concerning all factions and maybe Seraphime faction more than others? Or maybe you know who knows about it?

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/4951/torp-bombers-are-too-strong-vs-subs/8?_=1675259960008
After that it got fixed someday, without much talk. Might have been something about torp defences fireing in opposite direction? So I checked it, and Sera destros did just fine against subs. Probably when @MazorNoob checked also. It was kind of big thing, who would not have noticed it, all destros losing to subs? And those who did the fixing and all. I dont see much to prove here. No need to look for replays, rather how could someone not know?
And so today Sera destros lose against t2 subs in big quantitys again...

The only change I recall is improving the sera destro firing cycle in the Nov 2021.

To clarify, I checked Sera destroyer behaviour just a few weeks ago. Unless a navy balance change happened in a past month, that's no proof that Sera destros used to beat sub hunters.

@Tagada When I wrote the comment (7 Oct 2022), all destroyers lost to subs massvise, when in big quantitys. Then they stopped losing to subs a part UEF of course. And now Seraphim destroyers lose to t2 submarines in big quantitys again.

@MazorNoob "I'm pretty sure last time I tested phim destroyer versus 2 sub hunters, it killed both with 30% of its health remaining. It actually did better than Cybran destroyer, which was left at around 25%." Destroyer having 30% of health left, is a symptom of winning against subs. Today I believe it is much less.

There were no other changes made though so this seems highly unlikely

@wikingest

History of blueprint files:

Appears to be no direct changes to support the observation. Perhaps there were changes in the projectile, but I'm not entirely sure. Could you point out a date when you think certain unit combinations were better / worse? I can checkout on a commit around that time and do a quick comparison for you

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@MazorNoob "I'm pretty sure last time I tested phim destroyer versus 2 sub hunters, it killed both with 30% of its health remaining. It actually did better than Cybran destroyer, which was left at around 25%." Destroyer having 30% of health left, is a symptom of winning against subs. Today I believe it is much less.

In larger numbers it doesn't necessarily hold since torp defense of groups of ships stacks together. Pay attention to the thread. You're free to repeat my experiment, you'll get the same result.

@MazorNoob I was unable to get the same results as you. #19148471 Even if I spread out the subhunters, and totally mismicro, sending one in before other, Sera destro is left with 7.5% health. When subs are not mismicroed, destro has about 2% health left.