SACUs and Factories Upgrades questions

The build menu within the Quantum Gates has changed.
One can select some SACU upgrades or to build some SACUs.
Once one click on an upgrade, it immediately builds up the SACU with this upgrade.
Now build up a SACU with no upgrades and then upgrade it with the SAME upgrades like the 1st SACU... One can't select them all by double clicking.

On the top they don't look all the same in spite of their upgrades.
And they are not selectable all together as well..

20220907_132355.jpg 20220907_132346.jpg 20220907_132353.jpg 20220907_132352.jpg. 20220907_142011.jpg 20220907_142019.jpg

Uh. Those are all different units for their purposes.
On the screen you have a single T3 HQ and three T3 support air factories. As such you can't select them all with double lmb as you have 2 kinds of units there.

Same for the sacus. They are all different kinds of unit as far as we are concerned. Each preset is a different unit, with different wreckage and properties. Even if they can get changed later to be the same as other options it won't change the fact that unit is recognized as the preset it was built with.

@i_forgorthescene said in SACUs and Factories Upgrades questions:

Uh. Those are all different units for their purposes.
On the screen you have a single T3 HQ and three T3 support air factories. As such you can't select them all with double rmb as you have 2 kinds of units there.

Same for the sacus. They are all different kinds of unit as far as we are concerned. Each preset is a different unit, with different wreckage and properties. Even if they can get changed later to be the same as other options it won't change the fact that unit is recognized as the preset it was built with.

I have to disagree because :
All Air Factories are the same , whatever the way they've been upgraded.

Same story with the SACUs because in the end they ALL had the exact same upgrades !

The path you've taken does'nt matter, it's the destination that counts.

No. Just read the god damn names.

I don't care of the name a SACU that starts with a drone or a "naked" SACu that 's upgraded later with a drone are the same !

The path you've taken does'nt matter, it's the destination that counts.

So spoke Spock !

EDIT: think of a car you can buy with an (optional) air conditioner .
You buy it "as is" with the option.
Then your bro' buy the same car with no options, and later installs the same option.
Then tell me the name of the car matters...

how is that an issue? you want rambo and ras SACU's to go kill a mega?
spoiler alert-a warcrime in the face of sacrificing innocent boys will happen.

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

@rezy-noob said in SACUs and Factories Upgrades questions:

how is that an issue? you want rambo and ras SACU's to go kill a mega?
spoiler alert-a warcrime in the face of sacrificing innocent boys will happen.

Please use simple words... english is not my native language.

having different sacus presets counted as different units is good

Your shitty car analogy doesn't work really work. Cuz barebone sacu is a Volvo 240 Vagon while Rambo boy is a fucking 240 with dropped in V8 putting out 500Hp and other mods. Those aren't the same cars.

having different sacus presets counted as different units is good

According to some of you : It is OK because you said so ? D'oh !

Read again this https://forum.faforever.com/post/34792 (the EDIT)

hopefully you are familiar with aeon sacrifice system before pointing out that "they are the same bruh!"

Nobody upgrades SACU's anyway. The presets have been fine-tuned already and the last reason of leaving different wrecks is also gonna get removed soon enough if everything goes fine on the patch side.

Also ffs, no T3 HQ is not the same as fucking T3 support factory.

hopefully you are familiar with aeon sacrifice system before pointing out that "they are the same bruh!"

What are you saying about Aeon sacrifice ?
Is this some kind of trolling ?

What again with HQ ? pfff

Sounds like both of you are high on weed...

1)preset SACU's and upgraded SACU's have different values when sacrificing them, if you start selecting them as 1 unit you will have 0 clue what's the final value for them
2)do you see any of my posts related to hq's?
3)get informed, then post

lol calm down

sacu presets are technically different units - no ambiguity here (edit: they have different icons, costs, names, codes ect ect)

That is why they don't all get selected on double click

But, yes, you can argue that all sacus are sacus and maybe they SHOULD be all selected by double click

you can also argue against that by giving an example that you would not want to double click your rambos and accidentally send RAS sacus to fight experimentals.

pretty much the same with HQ and support factories... anyway would be cool to have an option to be able to get similar units selected by double click, but we don't have that option. And it was never planned cause people never complained about that before.

Maybe making a UI mod would be possible

Edit: if i could set that if i double clicl ASF or interceptor and all faction ASF or inteceptors get selected i would probably never learned select all fighters hotkey xD

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

In the case I've exposed above, there is NO "Rambo" ! At all...
Those are just builders with exact same upgrades, but through 3 different pathes.

I agree that we prefer to not mix fighters and builders, but in my report above the game can not distinguish the builders between them all !
I mean it can not select them all because of pseudo-differences !
This is what I call a bug ...

What about the factories that don't look like similar ?
Is this John Rambo's fault again ???

EDIT: I'm trying to make myself clear. I hope this was clear enough.

The behavior described by @Manimal_ can be implemented using a UI mod, the selection one is reasonable trivial (do not try to use double click, just use a hotkeys that selects on screen). Adjusting the construction menu is less trivial.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

On 10 SACUS, 6 of them are "straight SACUs (no upgrades at all) + 2 SACUs with a Drone + 2 SACUs with Econ upgrade :

• The 6 first SACUs had the Econ + Drone + Laser upgrades.
  • The 2 SACUs with a Drone had the Econ + Laser upgrades.
  • The 2 last SACUs with a Econ had the Drone + Laser upgrades.

Total = 10 SACUs with Drone + Econ + Laser upgrades. (the ones of my screenshot above)

And I was unable to select them all as a group of similar units.
Dang !

@manimal_ said in SACUs and Factories Upgrades seem to be bugged:

The build menu within the Quantum Gates has changed.

Change since when? that thing was in FAF since very long time.

One can select some SACU upgrades or to build some SACUs.

Those are not upgraides, but a preset of upgraides

Once one click on an upgrade, it immediately builds up the SACU with this upgrade.

yes it builds SACU preset with some preset of upgraides (it can be 1 upgraide or multiple)

Now build up a SACU with no upgrades and then upgrade it with the SAME upgrade
like the 1st SACU... One can't select them all by double clicking.

Yes, unfortunately that how it works right now. Upgraides don't change the unit itself and don't add to unit's cost. They are still different units and have different cost and different wreckage and will give different veteranicy to opponent units and will gain veteranicy differently. Sounds like a very minor problem and not sure if anyone gonna fix that.

Edit: this is a consiquence of FAF adding those presets, without that you would only have "naked" sacus that you would upgraide manually afterward and they all would get selected by double click.
FAF wanted to increase popularity of sacus, so presets were added cause nobody has time to upgraide them manually

A similar bug occurs with the factories of any kind.

That is bit weird. I see you have 3 t3 air support factories and 1 t3 air HQ factory
if you doble click support factories it should select all support facotories

On the top they don't look all the same in spite of their upgrades.

can't comment on that... no idea about visual differences and atm it kinda looks like you are zoomed out that models might get replaced with lower quality ones

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd