$300 Summer Heat Wave 1v1 Sweat Tourney

^^ indeed would be nice

Ras Boi's save lives.

@swkoll said in $300 Summer Heat Wave 1v1 Sweat Tourney:

let's go gamers

is that a signup?

ill signup

Updated the list: after some discussion with FTX, we are going to break up the event signups from 1500+ on for the higher-rated bracket and <1500 for the lower bracket. By doing this, we will enable a BO3 for all rounds, leading up to the finals for a BO5.

The lower-rated bracket will be a round-robin BO5.

Prized for the lower bracket will be discussed between now and tomorrow.

Signing up 😞

The embodiment of depression...

Alright, closing signups.

Signing up - 2408 as of 22:12:07 EST

Also, tournament rules never had a sigh up closure date.

Also, Nexus is not 2490 for 1v1 MMR, he is only 2267

It seems like at least a few people have the wrong rating but the FAF website seems to be down for now so it's kind of hard to check when they are not online

it will be Challonge for lower bracket?

@tagada said in $300 Summer Heat Wave 1v1 Sweat Tourney:

It seems like at least a few people have the wrong rating but the FAF website seems to be down for now so it's kind of hard to check when they are not online

FTX and I had a discussion about which rating to use, and I think - at least my thoughts - are to utilize the higher for this event. If it ends up being a disaster - my bad - it will not be done again.

Haven't 1vs1 tourneys always used 1v1 rating?

Like at least be consistent, makes no sense for 2 people to be placed by highest rating and the rest by ladder.

There was miscommunication between myself and FTX. changing to use 1v1 rating for everyone.

Also, here is the lower bracket round-robin (pending enough players show up):

https://challonge.com/y1qkrkii

Surrounded by morons

Ras Boi's save lives.

Between the BO1s changed to BO3s, and the delayed start of 1 hour, I am not sure if I can finish tournament anymore. Will see how speedy the tournament progresses but I might need to leave near the end. Hopefully Nexus kills me before then.

Why is ZenthicAlpha in the lower bracket and Spikeynoob in the veteran bracket?

sorted by global

Results of the Lower Bracket Round Robin:

1. Zaznoba (Tournament Champion)
  2. loxpooig (Faction Face) Choice: Cool Princess
  3. Karateka (Faction Logo) Choice: Seraphim Logo

See here for the potential Avatar Awards: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/271/tournament-avatars-ideas/4

Bracket Results: https://challonge.com/i7k41fqt

In case anybody is curious, Zaznoba got first even though he has the same score as loxpooig because he had the superior tiebreak. That basically just means that in the games they played against each other, Zaznoba scored 2 points and loxpooig scored 1 so he is considered to be ahead.

Thanks for taking the time to show up and play each other, we decided to do a bracket split because we figured it would be more fun for mid level players to play one another and have a decent shot at getting a placement in their own event. It also allows for a shorter but more interesting top bracket since the overall games are more competitive. Feel free to contact me to claim any award if it was given out to you guys.