Subtle Strategic Icons [UI]

@photek said in Subtle Strategic Icons [UI]:

🛩 T1 air really is subtle.

T1 air and navy is unchanged, I added some units to the screenshots for comparison purposes, T1 land has change to bot icon for a few units

✅ Solid outline on ACU.
subtle-icons-uef-t2-fengie.png Funky engineer

good spotting ! 🕵 Forgot to mention I added a specific icon symbol for the sparkie, as a cross between engineer and direct fire

What about?

• Mass extractors
  • Power generators
  • Support commanders

no change to any of these - you could argue for a larger icon for t2/t3 power but trying to take the minimalist approach for this mod

This is really nice, I think it's very well done. Have you edited the priority order that the icons appear in?

@archsimkat Thanks! No change to the icon priority order - I believe this is still in the unit blueprint.lua and not exposed with the icon framework that was added.

Yep, that is not exposed.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@black_wriggler

This is done via UI Mod?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

@dragun101

yes this and the other new icon set mods are all UI (changing the icon sorting priority for units would need a sim mod).

May I ask how does tbis interact with units with non-default icons?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

For the sort priority it would be nice just to have pd, T2 arty, and radar priority over the pgens and wall sections. It's the main real sticking point for visibility for me personally.

As for non default icons they can be specified per unit or they will default to whatever the BP specifies, or maybe i misunderstand your question.

I am curious what his mod does to
them

@dragun101 The mod just replaces strategic icons. It doesn't change which type of icon should be used for a unit (excluding the few units that have their icons altered specifically by this mod, these are listed in the opening post).
And it only replaces icons, the mod provides, everything else is left untouched.
So if a unit uses an icon, for that the mod offers no replacement, then you will just get the original icon.