Auto Mass Fab Feedback/Discussion

@deletethis I did spend more than 5 seconds creating poll. 😜
But on a serious note automanaging fabs was meant to make this part of a game done by ai and not human hands. So as of now it is me manually managing fabs that decide to turn off when my e storage is almost full and i am once again manually managing fabs. Thats why i came to WHINE on forums. All you have to do is take part in a poll or just wait results of a poll. Because you would actually know what people think about autofabs.

@yellownoob said in I couldnt help but notice all that movements with mass fabs....:

All you have to do is take part in a poll or just wait results of a poll. Because you would actually know what people think about autofabs.

But that is not the case πŸ™‚ . Depending on who you share it with the results will be completely different. If we'd want an accurate poll then:

• (1) The development on the fabricator behavior should be finalized
  • (2) The poll is shared in the news, forums and every other place imaginable to get an accurate sample of the community

Neither of those are true. And neither are relevant, as we're very much open to structured feedback.

So as of now it is me manually managing fabs that decide to turn off when my e storage is almost full and i am once again manually managing fabs.

By all means - that is not what the behavior should be doing. You can share replays, your expectations and suggestions on what to adjust to the parameters of the behavior in this topic:

The pull request that was mentioned earlier was literally about to be merged, it is available on FAF Develop. I'd encourage you to give it a spin. Note that you can move the UI using your middle mouse button. And we're open for feedback on the UI too πŸ™‚ .

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Thanks for the hard work.

Can someone explain why 90% I’d prefer somthign closer to 50%-75% of storage filled personally.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

The value was set to 90% with the idea that:

• We prefer a full storage over an empty one (for overcharge)
  • As only one fabricator is turned on / off at a time, it guarantees sufficient time to enable / disable then accordingly

The current proposed changes (see this pull request) changes this to:

• A ratio-based threshold of 80%
  • A storage-based threshold of 40K (40K+ more energy in storage) that takes precedence over the ratio based

The latter means that as long as you have more than 40K energy in storage (which is what you need for a full overcharge) then no fabricators are turned off - they will be turned on / remain turned on regardless of your storage ratio. This allows people to 'turn off' the behavior if they have sufficient energy storages (10+, reliably at 20+), while still allowing the behavior to kick in if they turn out being low on power.

I would like to increase this number up to 60k (full overcharge)

β€œBe a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
β€” Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

I thought that was 40K - my mistake πŸ™‚ . I'll adjust it.

If you want full overcharge you need 60k energy, but it only uses up to 90% of your storage, so it will need at least 66,666 energy. So that should be the threshold.

We really need a on/auto/off kind of behavior because everyone is going to have a different preference on the % and everyone is right too.

And a way to see if what is import and what you produce yourself. In half the cases where I make tele SCU's from air or eco slot, the naval player goes empty on E...