I want to start a noob support community, what do? Also, does anyone want to participate?

@spikeynoob I'm willing to share my secret die-fast techniques if you're willing to consider hosting all welcome every now and then haha

I would like to point out that this is actually a vital post.^^

There're a bunch of newbies out there that could use any kind of help,maybe some short eco videos or some examples of situations to make it interactive, i know that the trainer team is working on developing any means of helping as well, could also suggest to get some short tutorials up and perhaps integrate them in the launcher.

good to know there is progress in this direction 🙂

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

As I said, there are plenty of people already doing good work training noobs, and more tutorial videos would be nice. What I wanted to focus on was making sure that new players have a higher chance of naturally interacting with a helpful veteran as fast as possible, before they potentially sour on the faf experience, without jumping through any discord or forum hoops. Until the matchmaker becomes the clear default, I think more of a presence of such helpful veterans on the custom lobby list could do this, since, as Deribus said, the noobs themselves are saying that finding games is difficult, in spite of the fact they can host themselves, and in spite of the fact that the matchmaker's available 24/7, but only populated half the time.

Some people don't mind having noobs in their lobbies or they wouldn't join my games. Some of them host themselves, but maybe the noobs that know me don't know them so they are less likely to join. But then there might be other people I haven't even met or barely interacted with, playing in a different timezone or not fluent in English. I was hoping we could organize into a community and maybe sway other people to give "noobs welcome" a try with this goal in mind.

Maybe there's something I could do to get more noobs to join my lobbies I haven't even thought of and one of you suggests it. Many noobs are under the false impression that joining a game with any veterans in it will be a bad experience, when in fact, it can be quite fun. What could I do to change that perception?

How about: a game mode where the match is unrated for the single highest rated player on each side but not the others, so they could just concentrate on helping and instructing and not worry too much about their own performance or rating hit.

This would help new players get their rating established and learn the game, could limit it to players below certain number of players / games except for the coaches

You can already accomplish that by having high rated players be observers in a game.

@black_wriggler hey that sounds interesting i'll give it a try
Edit: tried it in 1v1 format, was quite fun, if i get a chance i want to try 2v2 as well. we called it Minions & Masters after the tournament

isn't it a bit broken if masters can see the whole map as observers?

Remember: Losing is Fun!

Phong wasn't using observers, the 'masters' went in as teammates and ctrl+k'd at the start

Just send them to the streamers.

can also join the same army (player) with cheat mode alft+f2 and basically see all of the available info

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

Shared unit army is also a thing

One thing, I like to suggest when we have a new player joining us is to play in decapitation. Losing your acu is less stressful and it allows the new player to play his acu instead of leaving it in his base.

@yojih I downloaded the mod and will give it a try