Game freeze when using Sorian AI

@uveso IT has frozen again see the log:

https://pastebin.com/k4D4Y9g6

@hedgehunter

Game freezes have no entry in the game.log so i can't see the cause of the freeze.

My first guess is the "Antares Unit Pack FAF v2.5".
Please disable this mod first and try again.

if you still have crashes or freezes, please disable all mods and test the base game,
so we can be sure its a mod and not the game itself that is casing problems.

You can have my AI mod enabled an use the "DEBUG: Endless game loop" Option.
If you enable it, start the game with 2 AIs for testing.

After game end SupCom will restart the gamesession and test the next round.
This way you can see if the game crashes over time without sitting in front of your pc.

@uveso Sure I will give it a go, thanks for getting back so fast.. 🙂

@uveso Is it normal when debug option is enabled the gameplay screen gets split in 2 after 1 minute, both displaying the same?

@hedgehunter

yes the splitscreen is normal because i use it to create more CPU load and for observing different start places

if you don't like/want it, you can disable it.

Just find this line inside the installed Uveso-AI mod:
https://github.com/Uveso/AI-Uveso/blob/master/hook/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua#L50
Delete the line:
import("/lua/ui/game/borders.lua").SplitMapGroup(true)
This will remove the splitscreen.

@uveso here is is a latest log with debug enabled:

https://pastebin.com/ak1VAgF1

@hedgehunter

thanks for posting the log.

First of all, the Uveso AI mod is modified.

info: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2671] - Check FAILED! Directory: AI-Uveso - Missing 89 bytes! (1926259/1926348)

I guess you modified the mod to disable the splitscreen ?
If not, then we may also have byte errors in other mods.
Only if you don't modified it by yourself, delete ALL mods and redownload all mods.

You are still running mods:

modded files from "Antares Unit Pack FAF v2.5" mod
modded files from "T2 T3 Storage FAF Rebalanced" mod
modded files from "Nuclear Repulsor Shields" mod
modded files from "BlackOps FAF: EXUnits" mod
modded files from "2x Resources,Storage,BuildRate,BuildRange" mod
modded files from "All Faction Working link" mod
modded files from "Total Mayhem" mod
modded files from "BlackOps FAF: Unleashed" mod
modded files from "AI-Uveso" mod
modded files from "All Faction Quantum Gate" mod

I have checked these mods and they "should" not crash:

modded files from "Nuclear Repulsor Shields" mod
modded files from "BlackOps FAF: EXUnits" mod
modded files from "Total Mayhem" mod
modded files from "BlackOps FAF: Unleashed" mod
modded files from "AI-Uveso" mod

Please DISABLE these mods before you test again:

modded files from "Antares Unit Pack FAF v2.5" mod
modded files from "T2 T3 Storage FAF Rebalanced" mod
modded files from "2x Resources,Storage,BuildRate,BuildRange" mod
modded files from "All Faction Working link" mod
modded files from "All Faction Quantum Gate" mod

The file adjacencybuffs.lua is modified from 3 mods at the same time and can cause crashes:

Hooked /lua/sim/adjacencybuffs.lua with /mods/antaresunitpack/hook/lua/sim/adjacencybuffs.lua
Hooked /lua/sim/adjacencybuffs.lua with /mods/t2_t3_storage_faf/hook/lua/sim/adjacencybuffs.lua
Hooked /lua/sim/adjacencybuffs.lua with /mods/blackopsfaf-unleashed/hook/lua/sim/adjacencybuffs.lua

(Please disble the mods i mentioned above!)

The file uiutil.lua is modified from 3 mods at the same time and can cause crashes:

Hooked /lua/ui/uiutil.lua with /mods/t2_t3_storage_faf/hook/lua/ui/uiutil.lua
Hooked /lua/ui/uiutil.lua with /mods/nuclearrepulsorshields/hook/lua/ui/uiutil.lua
Hooked /lua/ui/uiutil.lua with /mods/totalmayhem/hook/lua/ui/uiutil.lua
Hooked /lua/ui/uiutil.lua with /mods/blackopsfaf-unleashed/hook/lua/ui/uiutil.lua

The function AIExecuteBuildStructure failed becasue of a wrong builder assignment for EnergyStorage:

*AIExecuteBuildStructure: We cant decide whatToBuild! AI-faction: UEF, Building Type: "EnergyStorage", engineer-faction: "UEF"
*AIExecuteBuildStructure: Found template: "EnergyStorage" - Using UnitID: "gmeb311"
*AIExecuteBuildStructure: Need engineer with Techlevel (3) for BuildUnitWithID: "gmeb311"
*AIExecuteBuildStructure: Engineer ("uel0105") has Techlevel (1)
*AIExecuteBuildStructure: TECH1 Unit "gmeb311" is assigned to build TECH3 buildplatoon! ("EnergyStorage")

The modded unit gmeb311 is a Tech3 unit, but was assigned to build from a tech 1 engineer
this is caused by a wrong assigment inside the customunits folder.

You have enabled the "FullShare" option, this can crash the game if a player is defeated.
Please disable the option Share units after dead.

You have restricted teleport units

info: RestrictedCategories    1 = "TELE"

Please don't restrict units if you test the game for errors.
Sorian and some other AIs will not work correctly when you remove enhancements from ACU and SACU:

info: restriction.enhancement "TELE"
info: restriction.enhancements  {
info: restriction.enhancements     1 = "Teleporter"
info: restriction.enhancements     2 = "TeleporterRemove"
info: restriction.enhancements  }
info: restriction.build ((SUBCOMMANDER * Teleporter))

I was not able to make a speed/load analysis due weird time results:

Gametime: 00:01:00 --- Unit:  342 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 33% ( 60 Game = 178 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:02:00 --- Unit:  759 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 33% ( 60 Game = 177 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:03:00 --- Unit: 1030 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 66% ( 60 Game = 90 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:04:00 --- Unit: 1200 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 00% ( 60 Game = 7205 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:05:00 --- Unit: 1449 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 58% ( 60 Game = 103 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:06:00 --- Unit: 1656 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 39% ( 60 Game = 152 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:07:00 --- Unit: 1911 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 57% ( 60 Game = 104 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:08:00 --- Unit: 2128 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 50% ( 60 Game = 118 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:09:00 --- Unit: 2240 --- Speed: +0 / -1 --- SimSpeed: 52% ( 60 Game = 115 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:10:00 --- Unit: 2295 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 48% ( 60 Game = 123 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:11:00 --- Unit: 2360 --- Speed: +0 / -1 --- SimSpeed: 48% ( 60 Game = 124 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:12:00 --- Unit: 2248 --- Speed: +0 / -1 --- SimSpeed: 47% ( 60 Game = 127 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:13:00 --- Unit: 2190 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 49% ( 60 Game = 120 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:14:00 --- Unit: 2116 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 57% ( 60 Game = 103 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:15:00 --- Unit: 1979 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 56% ( 60 Game = 105 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:16:00 --- Unit: 1943 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 56% ( 60 Game = 106 System Seconds )
Gametime: 00:17:00 --- Unit: 2170 --- Speed: +0 / +0 --- SimSpeed: 56% ( 60 Game = 106 System Seconds )

From this log the game runs faster with 1000 units than with 350 units on the first minutes, and
the 4th ingame minute lasted 2 hours in realtime !?!

In Short:
Disable ALL mods when we test the game and search for crashes. (except Uveso-AI mod)
Disable the option "share units after dead"
Do not restrict any units when playing/testing with AI
Don't tab in/out of the game when you test it.

Now you can test again 😉

@uveso Thanks for the effort you put into this.. 🙂 I paused the game I had to run out so that is what you see there.. 😄 I have removed the split screen hence the size of the file. I have a suspicion that one of the mods is causing the crash but I would like to get them working as I love this setup.. I will disable the mods you mentioned with the other stuff and see. But if all good after I remove stuff what then?

@hedgehunter

That's exactly what i want to figure out.

First we need to know what is crashing your game.
Since it's possible that we could have a bug in the main game code (like the share option)
we need to disable the mods first.

After we know the game itself is running smoothly without errors on your machine ,we can add mod by mod to see which mod is crashing the game.

After we know what mod is crashing the game we can try to fix it.
In case we can get the permission from the mod author then i will upload it to the other mods that i also maintain.

Here is my post with updated mods (most of them are in the vault)
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/364/updated-mods-for-faf-and-vanilla-steam

Wow ...brilliant advice Uveso

@uveso Hi, I have removed the MODS, and removed restrictions you asked but I have added the 3xResources 3xStorage 3xBuildRate 3xBuildRange Build range just to get the game running. Still froze, see the log, not sure if that help as I have limited the issues to 1 MOD (or type of mod).

https://pastebin.com/8YneF8vy

@hedgehunter

As usual the freeze is not shown in the log.

There are still 3 causes for the crash that i can imagine:

Please disable all mods except the AI Uveso Mod.
Select as playing sub AI the "AIx uveso storm" for both players (don't use sorian)
The map "setons miniclutch aix" is unkown to me, please use another one.

So test the game with only the AI-Uveso mod and AI enabled on a different map than "setons miniclutch aix"
Let's see if the game itself is unstable.

In case the game runs without any freeze now, enable mod by mod to see what's causing the issue.

If you still have crashes, start the FAF launcher and host a testgame with the development version of FAF (FAF dev)

@uveso Sorian might be an issue, I have tested the Uvesco overwhelm and it seems ok the game runs fine, although I have tried like 5 games only so far.