UI mod guide for the improving player

Does anybody have a working link to a "Advanced Strategic Icons" mod?
It appears that a link to the old forum doesn't work anymore 😞

seems the old forum are currently down. If you decide to use it, i suggest only using it on small size and modifying it heavily to your needs. otherwise the icons will clutter up your screen quite alot as mentioned above. you can delete all the icons despite a few useful ones like tmd/tml, smd/sml and so on.

@RubberN Here's the installer I have on my PC, definitely only use the small icons. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UAtkRXufjEihQhT61N6kWll9UAeX26CP/view?usp=sharing

@amygdala said in UI mod guide for the improving player:

you can delete all the icons despite a few useful ones

How do I do this? Overall using these icons makes it way easier for me to see various important things (quickly scouting mexes and easily telling the difference between T1 arty and T1 tanks are actually the biggest things for me - dunno why I find the T1 spam so hard to read normally) so I find the mod to be a net positive - playing with small icons removes most of the problems imo. But I would really like to be able to edit or delete some too.

@Sir-Prize There is a file named "Advanced strategic icons" in your installation.
You can open it with a file-archiver program like win rar or 7-zip and delete the icons you dont wanna use. You can also open the icons within using e.g. irfanview with a plugin to see whats what.

@Sir-Prize Thanks you a million

I hoped that someone will have it on a local machine and will be able to upload in Google Drive πŸ™‚

Why are you distributing the mod on a thread where it says that getting it is super bad

@sir-prize many thanks

This post is deleted!

@biass We'll decide if it's bad or not, thanks.

thanks for the comment, guy who signed up to the forums for the sole purpose of replying to me

I decide whether upgrading mexes is good or bad, thanks.

You would like to consider as recommended mods specific target priorities, Teaminfo share and HotBuild Overhaul.
😁

β€œBe a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
β€” Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@sir-prize the archive is damaged, well, at least someone throw off a normal non-broken file!

This post is deleted!

Man, strategic icons really fell off when I stopped playing campaign. Are these still pretty accurate? I've noticed some mods have been put into faf natively.

Hey, I know it's been a while for this thread, but given that it has heavy criticsm of the ASI mod, I wonder what people think about this:

a4bf4d4b-4117-42d9-a3e7-37badd5f235d-image.png

I've kept most of the basic icons, but I do really like idle engineers as well. I picked a less intrusive version of it, and I think I can clearly count tanks without zooming in, as well as seeing their unit type. I find the mex icons just really useful for me when it comes to quickly counting the number of enemy t2 mexes vs my own for instance.