RCIV - Spacenet ~ 3v3 ~ $1,200

Signing up, 1886 ladder 1923 global

profile picture credits to petric

Literally both finalists are guaranteed to be at least 2nd place, I fail to see why your first point matters.

Your statements about rest, games, whatever don’t apply because it says that the final games are done at the discretion of the players. If the team playing both decides to play them different days or with a break between the games then all those points are irrelevant.

It doesn’t matter if the team went 6-1, the winning team have an even better score against better players but they get nothing for that effort.

All I’m saying is that if a round looks particularly hard a team might just go ahead and throw the games to get the easier loser bracket and then face the harder game at the end where they suffer no penalty for gaming the bracket. That’s where the “well-rested” argument actually comes in because why bother exerting yourself in a brutal 2-1 that takes several hours when you could just go 2-0 worse teams where you aren’t fatigued from the difficult series.

Does the team that stays in the winning bracket not get a 2nd chance if they lose in the finals? If not, i'll have to agree with ftx here that dropping in the loser's bracket might be beneficial. It's risky though, and I doubt there will be a team so strong that you admit defeat before even having played

profile picture credits to petric

If you want to avoid having 2 series for the finals, you can always giving the winner's bracket team a 1 win bye in the final match. That way they are given compensation for being in the winner's bracket but you don't end up with 2 BO5 team games.

Albeit it could be a bad idea (too many matches) but maybe you could add a "reset" to the grand finals? In fighting tournaments, even on grand finals, if you are coming from the winner bracket, you still need to lose twice (double elimination) in order to lose. Meaning whoever is coming from the loser bracket has to win two BO3 in order to win because they need to "reset" the bracket (since the winners bracket player hasnt lose once, they need to be eliminated twice (double elimination stays true the whole tournament)).

I agree with FtX as in that the winners bracket should have a bigger reward. Maybe Grandfinals could be a BO3 with the "reset" factor? (because the possibility of two BO5 sounds bad).

I guess what Swkoll just said lol

FAF Website Developer

Nobody is suggesting 2 BO5s, the standard practice is to give the team from the winner's bracket a 1-0 advantage in the series.

How about we make the Finals a Bo5, and if losers bracket wins... play a 1 game tie break?
That way the Finals will be a minimum of 3 games, and a max of 6.

Thanks a lot guys for the input/suggestions.

@fearghal said in Rainbow Cup IV ~ 3 v 3 ~ $1.2K:

How about we make the Finals a Bo5, and if losers bracket wins... play a 1 game tie break?

That's the exact same thing as a bo7 with the winners bracket team starting 1 game up. Aka what is the norm in every tourney

@thewheelie
I like that better.
A Bo7 with 1 game assigned to winners bracket at start,
which works out to 3 games minimum and 6 games max played.
With 3 games played during the semi finals, is 9 games max for day.
Will put that in tourny rules 🙂

Pre release News Splash, being released on/around Jan 6th.
Thanks Rowey - It looks great!
NewsSplash.jpg

Add me in ❤
Matr1
Global 1690
Ladder 1400

Меня запишите, Глобал 1066, 1v1 1198 Регистрация на турнир

Add me in too - 1705 global and 1488 1v1. I'd like to note in advance that if I do get to play and win anything then I'd like it to be donated to the Oranje Fonds as I think they do great work.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I am in , global 1357/ ladder 798

I am in , global 1709/ ladder 1217

Tentatively sign up, availability TBD.

sign me up!
Inspektor_Kot : 1737 global / 1787 ladder

runners up from last year signup again and accept invitation.
Nexus-
TreefolkNoob
WillyWankerNoob

Sign me up: 1800 Global/Ladder

This post is deleted!