Seraphim Support ACUs no RAS?

I'm just curious what the thinking is behind Seraphim Support ACUs not having an option to RAS?

The Sera are my second favourite faction but I can't play them in team games due to this, having a non-mobile economy is just too big of a handicap.

Could adding them be considered? I'd certainly appreciate it as may others!

In team games, you tend to have teammates that can lend you their tech.

On top of that sera adds a lot of other good late-game tools that make them a valuable addition to any team in the super late-game stages (Best shields, T4 bomber).

View it as a little bit of faction diversity flavor.

I'd rather not have to lean on team-mates who are always strangers to me. I also need to ask for a T3 engineer asap to get my Gateway built and that's an expensive unit when they may only have one or two themselves. And they may not want a T3 Sera in return etc. And maybe they don't speak my language. There are many issues with this as you see.

I'm comfortable with faction diversity as a concept but still curious to hear the reasoned argument why Sera is not allowed RAS on their Sacus. Being able to only build Mass Fabs to eco is a real disadvantage as they are easily killed or require extra overhead such as power and shields to protect. Then you have to have physical space to build all that.

RAS sacus don't win games. You literally don't need them, also you get access to amazing OC sacus that other factions don't have access to.

Also read the forum rules.

@randomwheelchair

I didnt say RAS Sacus win games.
I am aware I don't need them.
The OC Sacus are an irrelevant point.
Why do you say to read the forum rules?

I am posting in the balance forum to have a conversation about the reasoning behind the lack of Sera Sacus. I am not saying it's a bad thing. Or a good thing. I am not demanding anything. I am having a conversation, what seems to be the issue?

The sera sacu can also be used to eco. It’s worse than a ras sacu at eco but much better for combat, so gives a useful ‘jack of all trades’ option

You said you can’t play teamgames with your favorite faction because you don’t have ras boys. This implies that you need them to win. This resulted in the reaction you got.

Sera doesn’t get ras boys cuz they got a ton of diverse combat boys.

@maudlin27 said in Seraphim Support ACUs no RAS?:

The sera sacu can also be used to eco. It’s worse than a ras sacu at eco but much better for combat, so gives a useful ‘jack of all trades’ option

I genuinely understand that any Sacu can build mass fabs. I'm just curious why no RAS. I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea just curious.

Nobody can tell you why GPG made the balance and game design decisions that they did. The FAF community has rationalized the lack of RAS SACUs in a number of ways that have already been mentioned in this thread.

@scout_more_often You misunderstood me-you can eco by just building sera sacus with no mass fabs. IIRC its something like half as efficient as a RAS sacu but more than twice the combat effectiveness, when adjusting for build cost.

@ftxcommando said in Seraphim Support ACUs no RAS?:

You said you can’t play teamgames with your favorite faction because you don’t have ras boys. This implies that you need them to win. This resulted in the reaction you got.

Sera doesn’t get ras boys cuz they got a ton of diverse combat boys.

I don't need them to win. I personally would like them in my arsenal as an option to help me win should i decide to utilise them.

So the balance team decided to buff the Sacu combat boys and as a counterbalance to this boost remove the RAS option?

Ok, so that was the thought process. But what if instead of that, Sera could make a plain Sacu with no buffs at all and then choose to add Ras to it. Doesn't stop players choosing to build the combat paths onto the plain Sacus should they wish.

Good to get some conversation going!

No, they don’t need ras sacu on top of advanced rambo, shield, and tml sacus. Some factions just flat out don’t even have a decent combat sacu at all (aeon) and honestly combat sacus are way more useful than ras sacus in the first place.

Also sacus are being reworked anyway.

@maudlin27 Well today I was this years old when I learnt that all Sera Sacus give a nice little mass boost, I see what you are saying, thanks for letting me know 🙂

@thomashiatt So this is a GPG thing and not a FAF thing? I had no idea. I'd still personally lean towards wanting a Ras option but if the Sacus are currently being rebalanced then maybe it will happen 🙂

Thanks all for your inputs 🙂

@scout_more_often I'm generally against this idea. I generally hate the sera, but I appreciate anything that makes it seem like their approach to this whole thing is from another place, 'alien' you could say.

At most I'd be down for some unit they could build that was a RAS unit. Keep it different solutions for the same problem.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

@scout_more_often said in Seraphim Support ACUs no RAS?:

I'd rather not have to lean on team-mates who are always strangers to me. I also need to ask for a T3 engineer asap to get my Gateway built and that's an expensive unit when they may only have one or two themselves. And they may not want a T3 Sera in return etc. And maybe they don't speak my language. There are many issues with this as you see......

I have little experience with this but I've played a few gap games and so I asked for a t1 cybran from the start and developed my own t3 alongside my sera tech. All I did was type a note marker on the cybran players base "T1 Engi please" Worked like a charm

Let there be light

@thomashiatt So this is a GPG thing and not a FAF thing? I had no idea. I'd still personally lean towards wanting a Ras option but if the Sacus are currently being rebalanced then maybe it will happen 🙂

Thanks all for your inputs 🙂

This is not true. Original sera sacu did not have ras, but produced 5 mass and 500 energy right out of the gate. Therefore allowing sera to spam non-upgraded sacus for at least some sacu economy.

@maudlin27 said in Seraphim Support ACUs no RAS?:

I genuinely understand that any Sacu can build mass fabs. I'm just curious why no RAS. I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea just curious.

As it was said, they were originally designed to have no RAS.
We can only guess... and i guess developers decided that RAS is boring and gave them more combat options instead.

Their teleport can be very usefull in lategame. Tho i guess developers didn't really anticipate that it can be easy to defend against singular teleporting sacus by overlapping shields

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd