Cheating in SupcomFA

@Psions are people still cheating in FA?

@Giebmasse We literally have an aimbot "ui" mod. (Priority mod)

Also a recoil macro is no different from a bomber micro or auto eco management. Both are the input of a rapid succession of commands that the player without assistance is otherwise not capable of doing within that time frame.

Where is this bomber micro mod? Why didnt I see anyone use it? Can you provide the mod or replays?

I'm not gonna get very involved, but I feel a duty to point out that UI mods are capable of doing a lot more than most people know about, and are... quite breakable, if you want to.

yes i have noticed a lot of strange things going on just lately

Can you go into more details about what are these strange things happening and can you provide some replays?

@gary2112 , @IceDreamer Logs, replays, or anything else or it didn't happen 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I think its already been discussed how abusing UI mods is almost undetectable unless the person is blatant about it. Asking for logs/replays is great, but actually proving beyond reasonable doubt that someone is using a mod to get informational advantage or engage in macro activity, is very difficult. Especially when there is no consensus when a mod is "blacklistable" and when its "required reading" to get gud at game.

This is why i opted for a whitelist solution.

i opted for world peace why isnt it happening yet. are people against world peace?

@TheWheelie Yes, everyone actively in war is against world peace.

@deletethis It would not be wise. Most of them are unfixable engine-level faults, and for the most part they are unknown in the community at large. However, if I and a small number of other developers took note of them over the years, it's possible that a dedicated wannabe-cheater would be able to notice them as well. Most of the fixable exploits have been fixed.

I think we should have at least a link to all important ui mods and a brief explanation included in the client and new players should be reminded at least twice about them. They are so nice.

Yes and 1st one on that list is a cheat, "it stops you e stall" basically in a game that is centralised around economy management, and unit management, it automates half of the game for you.

The third one changes the basic way in which your units interact with other units, which is technically a "sim" change, since you don't actively select unit priority. This is changing the way how the AI functions, even though the game doesn't class it as a sim mod. Also a cheat.

These give direct advantages to you over someone who hasn't installed the mods, and the priority mod is specifically egregious.

This is exactly the grey area I'm referring to. I could download eco mod, and it would instantly increase my ability by maybe 200-300 rating points, because I often struggle with managing my economy properly.

Then do it d00d

Alright, prove it