The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.

You can already remove units, buildings, tech, etc. with unit restrictions in the lobby; for the rest, if you are really determined, you can just make a mod—you'll find some very helpful guides in these forums.

@deletethis said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

You can already remove units, buildings, tech, etc. with unit restrictions in the lobby; for the rest, if you are really determined, you can just make a mod—you'll find some very helpful guides in these forums.

nobody use this. all game only gap. always same things.

Could you give a source for 95% of games being on gap? If I was to guess I’d have thought it closer to 20-30%, and thats counting both gap and dual gap, and ignoring 1v1 ladder

@rezy-noob said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

this all is just so wrong,why would you change that any of what is mentioned,do you honestly think this is going to make any difference?
well,that's one question,however you're wrong since most plays actually take part on astros,gaps and setons so you're asking to change the meta in favour of a map for some reason,which is going to give insanely stupid advantages on other maps that have designated positions,not sure how is that any healthy

on all these maps the same algorithm is used. and even more monotonous.

How about u host non dual gap maps yourself

Nothing is stopping you from making your own lobbies with units restrictions or, heaven forbid, other maps.

my solution would be to just not play anything bigger than 2v2

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

Ever think that if you ruin game balance to make dual gap more dynamic all the dual gap dudes would just migrate to an even less dynamic version of dual gap?

@broker people play gap because they want to play gap. They want the easy playstyle, huge cannons and experimentals thrown around. If you change the balance that it won't be feasable anymore on dualgap they will just start playing an even turtlier version of dual gap. Don't know which rating range you are playing in but I suggest you to host your own games on more dynamic maps with 8 people in the game at max. Everything above that will turn into a turtle/ ecofest.

But I think it is time I visit some dualgap and abuse the shit out of t2 bombers. I know it can work.

@zlo said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

my solution would be to just not play anything bigger than 2v2

Yes. but want something more and more players.
but as I understand it is not possible. the people want only one map and build a mavor. ))))))

Look forward to future tmm for 3v3 and 4v4 then, it might just be what you are looking for!

You can't change turtling habits with balance changes, only by changing incentives. Remove global rating, display ladder rating in ladder games, add rating decay, wait out the month long flamewar, and hopefully the number of megaturtle games will drop.

@ftxcommando said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

Ever think that if you ruin game balance to make dual gap more dynamic all the dual gap dudes would just migrate to an even less dynamic version of dual gap?

you need to make a balance that makes it impossible to play in the bunkers. so that the people want armies and units. not one big cannon for 40 minutes.
people just don't know anything else. maybe if they are offered something new, they will finally play differently. and the game will be much more interesting.
otherwise everything will remain so.
in the end, only the Moor's builders will play. within 32 minutes. )))))))))

@harzer99 said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

@broker people play gap because they want to play gap. They want the easy playstyle, huge cannons and experimentals thrown around. If you change the balance that it won't be feasable anymore on dualgap they will just start playing an even turtlier version of dual gap. Don't know which rating range you are playing in but I suggest you to host your own games on more dynamic maps with 8 people in the game at max. Everything above that will turn into a turtle/ ecofest.

But I think it is time I visit some dualgap and abuse the shit out of t2 bombers. I know it can work.

Yes, because with large resources, it makes no sense to build anything other than a large cannon.

@deletethis said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

Look forward to future tmm for 3v3 and 4v4 then, it might just be what you are looking for!

such games are rare. and the problem of bunkers with T2 artillery has not been resolved. again everyone is sitting in the bunker and building satellites and large artillery.

@mazornoob said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

You can't change turtling habits with balance changes, only by changing incentives. Remove global rating, display ladder rating in ladder games, add rating decay, wait out the month long flamewar, and hopefully the number of megaturtle games will drop.

the problem is that regular units are not effective. you need to build a lot of artillery. it brings victory. there is no answer against her.

@broker said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

@mazornoob said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

the problem is that regular units are not effective. you need to build a lot of artillery. it brings victory. there is no answer against her.

It sounds like you are talking about dual gap. Just don't play it if you don't like it.
Just play maps that have around 4 empty expansions per player and where you can go AROUND the bunker.

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

@broker said in The game is at an impasse. For All. there is no development and no future. only for fans of monotony.:

you need to make a balance that makes it impossible to play in the bunkers. so that the people want armies and units. not one big cannon for 40 minutes.

That already exists. Change the map and you change the incentives. Change the incentives and you change the behavior.

Try playing Wonder. That's a map with lots of players but there's a lot more army action because of the map layout. The teams are more spread out so there's a lot more room to make and use armies. People often make firebases, but it's not the same as Dual Gap. And the firebases often die to mobile armies, much more often than on Dual Gap.

Maybe not play gap?? And help making it less popular by hosting/joining other lobbies. Like generated maps, tmm or even a nice Madness map 😉

Check out my maps here:

Madness 1 - 10

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/480/h-master-s-maps

Give matchmaker a go

Former Board Member - March 2021 - March 2022