I've had my AI create the document. No guarantee on anything in there, but thats basically the info its using for me and its working great. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mSeR1qdLo9m2N5cTELc5W9PXrE-RsA7W/view?usp=sharing
Posts
-
RE: Neural networks for creating mods
-
RE: End game Freeze Issue
I dont think so. Sure it can be the case for me, but this is not a thing that happens always. When the end of the game freezes, it freezes for everyone. I'm not exaggerating when I say its up to 50% of the time. Farms has this tons of times to see on stream aswell.
-
RE: DualGap AI – role-based skirmish AI for Dual Gap Adaptive v14 (6v6)
What would happen if one bot dies? Does another take over its role? Can they adapt?
-
RE: End game Freeze Issue
Yeah its a pretty big issue but idk why you are restarting your PC. You just need task manager to end task or with Windows 11 you can end task vias taskbar if you enabled this
-
RE: Neural networks for creating mods
@Nomander I can try to create something generic in the next couple of days
-
RE: Neural networks for creating mods
I assume with neural networks you just mean AI?
For me I use claude. I'm not sure how much difference it makes with other AI for example, but there is a big difference if you use the free version and the models locked behind pro (at least for claude).
Getting into it is fairly easy but expect A LOT of mistakes. Nowadays claude barely does any mistakes for me because of all the context, memory and instructions it has collected over time (lots of bug fixing / finding out what is causing what).So TLDR: If you just start, expect testing, retesting, reworking quite a bit. Once you have used it a lot it gets WAY less to almost nonexistent.
I would say its worth it, but requires some effort and time early on. (ATM i am using Opus 5.5 which has recently released)
-
RE: Rate without t4 GEs
Lol. Yeah lets call all mappers who made chokepoints so this wont happen
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
@Nuggets So I have a question. Was the energy production buff removed entirely? I don't ever see it when drawing anymore I just see the mass production buff. which deceases energy significantly. Also, I don't see the mass shards anymore like the paragon fragment. Other than this the structure projectile speed still stops nuke defense from hittiing it's target. Just wanted to say my peace about it
Hey, yes the energy buff was removed quite a while ago because at the time it was pretty useless. I am now debating putting it back in, but not sure.
I dont remember which one exactly the paragon fragment was (i think the +45 mass?) but yes, that doesnt exist anymore. The static values were either OP early on or useless later on.
Regarding SMDs, yeah I forgot about that. I excluded SMDs from rate of fire but forgot projectile speed. I will fix this in the next patch.
Also I am debating removing projectile speed entirely because many units are not impacted by it, and most units that are impacted are missile related units and then the TMD just cant keep up or do anything. Thoughts on this appreciated.
-
RE: Rate without t4 GEs
Surely you know that this wont happen. Especially on a per map basis.
But regardless of that I also wish the game ender unit restriction could be played ranked. -
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
Small v25 update for roguelike (and the experimental changes version was also updated, as some people still foolishly use it):
- Fixed SACU and ACU not being impacted by negative energy modifiers (ACU was intentional before, but I decided to no longer exclude it)
- Removed Prototyper class
- Changed Amphibious class to buff land when picking navy instead
- Buffed Regen class: Instead of increasing odds by 1.4x, it is now 1.75x
- Added the ability (requested by @nomander ) to enabled "Autopicks" (checkbox in the stats panel). When this is enabled the mod auto picks the highest rarity option for you. You will NOT see the picks that were offered. You can disable / enable this at any time.
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
I didnt create the russian localization and had no hand in it. I dont really want to translate everything and then work with reports that something is missing or badly translated. Idk if its possible as ui mod maybe?
-
RE: Macro Mania | $500 | 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 | Open-Rating
I overslept. Did it happen yet?
-
RE: Rust client does not register that my ladder game is over and gets stuck in "game starting" state
You should post this where the rust client is being developed, in the rust discord. (idk if sera wants the link publicly shared so please ask him @seraphim-noob )
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
New update for... Random events! (v23):
I (and others) felt that many of the events were lame, unbalanced and punished the losing player too much. Especially with the Roguelike mod all the stat changes were nothing special anymore so I wanted to move away from them and go into more truly... random... events. In my mind this mod is supposed to create chaos and often times it did, but also often times it was just unfair or "boring" stat modifiers that might not be relevant.
So here are the changes:-
47 events removed (mainly stat modifier events)
-
13 new events added
-
19 events changed / adjusted
-
There is now a "protected buildings" category, which prevents buildings such as T2/T3 Pgens, HQs, SMD, Nuke, Game ender and T3 arty (not sure if I forgot some) from being destroyed or given to hostile AI from events.
-
Additionally the bug that you could build t2/t3 factories without its required HQ after a "tech lockout" has been fixed.
-
Created my own "mobile bomb" unit which is essentially the old beetle with cloak as the new beetle did not fit into my idea for the events (and is lame!). The custom bomb unit has 101 HP, cloak, no e drain and is amphibious. It cannot be made by players.
-
Updated / changed the logic when and how hostile units are given commands to attack targets. No longer will there be idle units after a while.
Additionally I have updated the post (near the top) with what current events exist. There are currently exactly 100 events.
I have seen your messages regarding the classes @firv and @cychwa_klaymberg and I agree. I will look into those next week.
-
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
I am aware and as i said believe i fixed this long ago. At least it was working at some point. I havent trsted it the last couple of days though because i forgot
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
ANOTHER update... heres v22:
- Changed the rare buff with +10 mass income to only give +1,5% building cost instead of 5% (when card downsides are enabled)
- Nerfed the speed stat (as in, nerfed the gain)
- Shield buffs now also increase shield radius (i felt like shield buffs were too weak)
- Fixed the % buff for regen (multiplicative) not actually applying / working
Edit: And also here v23/v24:
- changed the shields buffs again: Now only the legendary upgrade gives additional radius (otherwise it could be considered a nerf if it gets too big)
- fixed wording regarding the shield radius increase on the card
- 21 classes removed (mainly because of the affinity system (categories you own become more common) made these irrelevant or lame)
- 5 classes rebalanced
With this we are down to 39 classes. Here are the classes for those interested:
Aegis - Shield radius is 50 percent larger. Shield cards are 1.25 times as likely to be offered.
Amphibious - Land cards also apply to naval units at 30 percent.
Anchor - Health cards 20 percent stronger. Health is never the stat that gets nerfed.
Artillerist - Range cards 20 percent stronger. Splash cards 20 percent stronger. Speed cards 40 percent weaker.
Ascetic - 2 fewer cards per offer. Your first card is one rarity higher.
Assembly Line - Every 8th unit you build refunds its full mass cost.
Bankroll - Every pick grants 800 mass.
Berserker - Damage cards 30 percent stronger. Health cards 20 percent weaker.
Bombardier - Splash cards 50 percent stronger. Damage cards 15 percent weaker.
Bulwark - Health cards 25 percent stronger.
Coinflip - Every card is a coin toss: +40 percent or -30 percent, decided on pick.
Diviner - Every second offer is guaranteed at least one card of Rare or better. The offers in between roll normally.
Doubler - Every 10 picks you take a second card from the same offer.
Duelist - Damage cards 10 percent stronger. Negative effects are reduced by 25 percent.
Duelist's Edge - Your commander deals +100 percent damage to everything except other commanders.
Duplicator - Once per game, a TAKE TWICE button appears above TAKE on every card. Use it on any card and that card is applied twice. It disappears once spent.
Elite Cadre - Units have +20 percent health and damage and cost 15 percent more, all multiplicative.
Energist - Economy cards no longer cost you any energy, and economy cards are 30 percent more likely to be offered.
Field Command - Support commanders receive commander cards at 40 percent.
Field Medic - Units near any of your engineers regenerate 1.5 percent of their own health every second.
Gambler's Ruin - All negative effects are doubled. All cards 30 percent stronger.
Garrison - Land cards also apply to structure units at 40 percent.
Gemini - A second commander is built beside your own the moment you take this. Both have 50 percent less health, applied on top of your commander health cards rather than instead of them.
Glass Cannon - Damage cards 60 percent stronger. Health cards 50 percent weaker.
Gunner - Rate of fire cards 30 percent stronger. Range cards 25 percent weaker.
Impulsive - The first card in every offer is +30 percent, every other card -15 percent.
Ironclad - Health cards 10 percent stronger. Negative effects are reduced by 25 percent.
Miser - Cost cards 50 percent stronger. Mass cards 40 percent weaker. Cost cards appear 1.3 times as often.
Prospector - Units you destroy leave 25 percent more mass in their wreck. Wrecks from anyone else are unaffected.
Prototyper - The first time you build each type of unit, that one starts at full veterancy. Experimentals included.
Purist - If every card in an offer buffs the same category, all of them are upgraded one rarity.
Reanimator - One in ten of your destroyed units returns at half health.
Roulette - Card values are randomised between 50 and 150 percent on pick.
Scrapper - Your destroyed units refund 10 percent of their mass.
Skirmisher - Speed cards 25 percent stronger. Health cards 20 percent weaker.
Steadfast - You never get any negative effects. All cards 30 percent weaker.
Surgeon - Regeneration cards 50 percent stronger and 1.4 times as likely to be offered.
Swarm - Units cost 20 percent less. Units have 15 percent less health. Both multiplicative.
Veterancy Corps - Your units earn veterancy 50 percent faster.
Wildcard - Every offer has one extra card that is face down. It can be any rarity and you only find out what it is after taking it.
Reminder that classes are default off as I am still not confident on the "balance" of them.
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
I noticed a while back that resource production buffs aren't applied to RAS SACU.
They should be. Only in the earlier versions of the mod they werent. But I will watch out for this in the next game
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
Updated Roguelike Mode to v21 with the following changes / fixes (I also updated the experimental changes version with this, but there is currently nothing new in there):
- Fixed factory adjacency breaking with specific buffs
- Fixed SMDs missing with too much firerate
- Changed the available starting "buy" prices for buffs
- Fixed static mass increases not impacted by the lobby option that modifies economy buffs
- Removed the economy buffs that give +45 and +20 mass income (static)
- Changed the economy buff that gives +8 into +10 and made it rare and only be able to show within the first 10 minutes
- The panel (stat panel and "buy" panel) now remember their positions between games
-
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
Im not sure the projectile speed buff work. I increased range and projectile speed, but past a certain range some units wont fire. Could be something else Im missing.
As I have said a few time, some units cannot benefit from a lot of buffed range as the turret simply cannot aim that way. Projectile speed gets applied AFTER the projectile has left the weapon, hence why it doesnt help range. But projectile speed itself works perfectly fine, just not the way you expect.
It is not possible to change the projectile speed of the weapon so that it could shoot further, thats a game limitation. -
RE: New "Random Events" AND Roguelike-Mode Mod!
Sent you a pm with stuff to check.