FAForever Forums
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Brutus5000
    3. Posts
    The current pre-release of the client ("pioneer" in the version) is only compatible to itself. So you can only play with other testers. Please be aware!
    Brutus5000B Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 4
    • Topics 46
    • Posts 825
    • Groups 5

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Supcom/Moho engine rewrite

      Does your engine run the lua code for the game patch?

      posted in Contribution
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: Cannot upload new version due to "A mod with UID XYZ already exists."

      For further explanation: the game doesn't have a concept of mod versions. This ever new version needs to have a different uid, otherwise it could not pick an old mod version for replays while keeping the new version for playing.

      posted in FAF support (client and account issues)
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: name change to a taken name

      No. As long as we do not separate account names and display names this is not possible.

      posted in FAF support (client and account issues)
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: Supcom engine rewrite

      Rewrite = compatibility to all existing lua game code? And also map, mod, textures and model compatibility?

      Also Repo url or didn't happen! 😛

      posted in Contribution
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: Thinking of returning, not sure if I can

      I think it's quite common. On average you lose 50% of your games in PvP. Not everybody likes that.

      You don't need to play PvP. Just open a lobby vs xAI and find some people wanting the same. For some reason people are usually to lazy to host a lobby but would join a game quite fast.

      posted in Game Issues and Gameplay questions
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: authorization error

      Just for the record: I did nothing. Lot of connection problems appear out of nothing and disappear after a while

      posted in FAF support (client and account issues)
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: authorization error

      Repeated consistent handshake problems are not a project issue. You haven't even reached the project servers, your computer can negotiate encryption with Cloudflare.

      I assume you are from Russia? Then it's sure to your countries efforts to restrict the internet access.

      posted in FAF support (client and account issues)
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: registration problems

      The reset password via steam flow works without you knowing your email

      posted in I need help
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: Replay filter for average player rating ?

      It doesn't exist. Technically it's possible but unlikely to find someone to do it.

      posted in Suggestions
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: YYYY-MM-DD 2026-07-09 Cant upload maps

      @ZOMEBODY This is not a new issue. The error message pins down the problem exactly.

      I highly doubt that zip compression has magically improved recently.

      posted in Game Issues and Gameplay questions
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: I tried to login browser but i can't log in and i keep getting this error

      @Xalimur said:

      java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "rundll32": CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation

      You have some weird Windows issue, that the process claims it needs more permissions (admin permissions) to run the windows core dll to open the browser.

      posted in FAF support (client and account issues)
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: YYYY-MM-DD 2026-07-09 Cant upload maps

      There is a potential threat where people upload a malicious zip file that is only a few kb small, but unpacked a few gigabytes. Your file seems to have a similar compressed<->uncompressed ratio, which triggers the error you quoted. This can usually only happen on maps that are basically empty, flat terrain and have no textures. Add some more content to your map and the error should go away.

      posted in Game Issues and Gameplay questions
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • Share your worst FAF client memory usage in 2026!

      Dear commanders,

      over the years, memory usage of the FAF client was regular subject of complaints. We worked hard to figure memory leaks and reduce memory usage. Our maintainer assumes, that memory issues >1GB are a thing of the past. But I am not convinced yet. Thus, we need more data and feedback.

      Therefore I challenge you: Send me your worst RAM usages images from your task managers. Minimum requirement is it's from version >= 2026.4.0

      Thank you!

      posted in General Discussion
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: map-gen design vote

      @wilson_ said:

      Also it's not that "I need it", I don't have access to the mod client. But I know a couple of folks, who usually come with the pools, have complained about the lack of options in the past.

      I was under the assumption you have access. Then just forward my message to the people complaining please.

      posted in Suggestions
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: map-gen design vote

      Raise a feature request in the github repo then and explain what you need. Nothing will be done if a feature request only exists in someone's head...

      posted in Suggestions
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: Idea: A new game project that follows the ideas of Sup Com FA and FAF

      You want to pitch a successor to Supreme Commander to investors? You don't need our approval, do whatever you want.

      Do we need another close source investor backed project like Sanctuary? The genre can benefit, this community probably not so much.

      If you are just here to grab free labour to work on your vision, I assume you are in the wrong place. The collaboration with Sanctuary already shattered the remaining faith in community projects where real world money is involved.

      posted in Suggestions
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: Dedicated Relay Server - looking for testers and feedback

      Amazing work. I am currently very short on time, but please join our Zulip chat and we can discuss how to integrate your work.

      posted in General Discussion
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: Accessing source code of the game

      We had somone willing to invest serious amount of money into the rights. Nobody is interested in selling it. And even then most probably the source code is lost, only intellectual property rights remain to be acquired.

      posted in General Discussion
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application init method

      Looks like a broken update. Uninstall, remove all remain of faf in c:/program files then reinstall.

      posted in Game Issues and Gameplay questions
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000
    • RE: I tried. Problem. How do I join the FAF Discord??

      Would it surprise you that lots of people use the password for both?

      posted in FAF support (client and account issues)
      Brutus5000B
      Brutus5000