Suggestion for TML: bigger yellow projectile indicator

I have no idea if it's possible, or easy, but I think I'd like to see an increase to the size of the TML yellow dot (only for the high damage ones, ACU tactical missile and the structure launched one). I suggest this because I think that, by this game's own standards, there is a mismatch between the threat it poses and the way the threat is presented to the players.

If the launch and explosion use distinct sound effects, I also wouldn't mind those sounds be made louder or somehow distinct from lesser missiles. It would help a lot to alert otherwise distracted players that measures might need to be taken (same way a the sound of strat bomb's release serves brilliantly to draw players' attention right now) and reward scouting (or punish ill-chosen times to strike), since the launch is only audible to players that have vision of it.

I'd also like it if the billy missile showed the bigger yellow circle to opponents as well, the same way it's presented to the player that launches it. I think this change would make dodging it more feasible, and that's the right kind of interactive gameplay to nurture. Picking out the billy projectile is too tedious with a hale of T3 mmls also firing everywhere, and as a consequence, dealing with a billy is a bit too taxing on focus and micro, since the minimap or UI doesn't clearly communicate the occasionally greatly increased threat. It's now partly a struggle not with the opponent, but with the interface, which makes failing at it feel more like falling prey to bad pathfinding, for example, than being outplayed.

Such a change would lower the skill floor at which billy works as I think is currently intended without upsetting the balance too much, in my opinion. I'm not suggesting this because I think the billy is too strong, just think this change could emphasize an interesting dynamic that is sometimes not in play currently because of UI clutter. That being said, I'm no expert on balance, and if a bigger visual indicator and louder swoosh decrease billy's effectiveness, I wouldn't mind any buffs the balance team think are appropriate to it as compensation.

What does everyone else think?

Edit: mentioned sounds as well.

I like it

Yeah I like the idea, as long as its not too large of course. Perhaps some kind of trail to the projectile could help make it more visible as well.

@Jip

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

I'm fine with it either way. We could also extend the idea and give 'more meaningful' tactical missiles a separate strategic icon, just like strategic nukes do.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Most people already play with a UI mod that highlights tactical missile icons. Moreover, can we integrate separate SACU/ACU icons into the game?

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@zeldafanboy said in Suggestion for TML: bigger yellow projectile indicator:

Most people already play with a UI mod that highlights tactical missile icons.

What you're describing are icon mods with a different strategic icon for the TML structures. What's being discussed in this thread is the icon for the actual tactical missile projectile.

What you're describing are icon mods with a different strategic icon for the TML structures. What's being discussed in this thread is the icon for the actual tactical missile projectile.

I assume his point is that putting extra emphasis on the projectiles is consistent with the way a lot of people are already playing

As long as it is aesthetically pleasing, I'm in favor of making the missiles more audible and visible