Disconnect gate out

I am starting to like full share, but mostly because of disconnects, where your ally can take over. The problem is the disconnected com exploding and killing all engies around. What if when disconnected or CTRL+Ked, the com gates out instead of exploding? Would also help when your ally gets mad and detonates com in your base.

Update for people who can't read the 3rd message in a thread: I suggest casting time for gating out, 10 seconds maybe

What happens when im about to get sniped and i disconnect right before impact saving all the units around me? Seems balanced.

@spikeynoob Did you even read the message? You could just CTRL+K in this scenario.

Recall doesn't have to be instantaneous: would 10 seconds be enough?

He wouldn't want to CTRL-K though, he would want take advantage of the advantage to his team that a disconnect would bring (I. E. Not killing his own army), which would be wrong.

@melanol said in Disconnect gate out:

What if when disconnected or CTRL+Ked, the com gates out instead of exploding?

I understand the appeal of the idea, but it's a bad take.
You can't really prevent the abuse of people just exiting the game at a correct timing, and thus 'gating out' in the middle of an army thus not exploding their units.

@melanol said in Disconnect gate out:

@spikeynoob Did you even read the message? You could just CTRL+K in this scenario.

Recall doesn't have to be instantaneous: would 10 seconds be enough?

Did u even read the message?

You could maybe add something like if someone disconnects at 90%+ HP he won't explode
that way if you randomly dc in your base you won't blow anything up, but if you're in a fight you can also just walk away with 90% hp and once you're lower you still explode. I don't think there's much that can bring your com down from 100% quickly and then struggle against some units that didn't blow up because he preemptively dc'd.