Game still creates crash log after game finished have to alt tab to exit and close crash log

@MostLostNoob I installed the Steam version of the game and still got the crash log after a game. I have since gone back to my DVD version as the Steam version did not resolve this. Thanks for your help.

@heavenly I understand that you installed the Steam version of SCFA, but did you make the change I stated in my previous posts that would tell FAF to use your Steam install instead of the DVD install?

As I said, the last partial log you posted showed that FAF was still using the assets from the DVD version, not Steam.

@MostLostNoob Yes I used Revo uninstaller to completely remove the DVD version of the game. Then I installed steam version and directed the FAF client to the Steam directory where the game is installed. When I still experienced the crash log with the steam version I went back to a restored backup on my PC back to the DVD version. On one occasion I did not get the crash log happen with the DVD version of the game. That was when there was a patch update on the game. But after another game the crash log re appeared. Does it matter where the DVD version or the Steam version is installed?. As I installed them on my G: logical drive not in the C directory where the Windows 11 OS is installed. Same partition but in other logical drive G: Is there a way for the gamedata to be loaded again maybe give that a try? I have asked in the game lobby and other players are also experiencing the crash log when exiting a finished game. I might also try another tab to exit the game not the one in the standard menu where all the game info is. On my other PC that is Windows 7 64 bit that my son uses and plays FAF there is never any crash log created when exiting a finished game with the latest client and game patch.

@heavenly I have seen post is various places from other players that they had issues of one sort or another unless they installed vanilla SCFA on the same drive/partition as the OS, so you may want to give that a try.

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I also know of a couple players (myself included) that had a similar issue as yours which was resolved by moving the vanilla SCFA install to an external non-NVMe drive. For an unknown reason, some NVMe drives seem to mess with the timing of events SCFA is executing, so it crashes.

@MostLostNoob The C drive installation did not work. Restored a backup to where the vanilla FAF game was in the G Drive.
Finally I think I have resolved the log crash issue. I made some minor changes. I played a game in Window mode and also enabled IPv6 in the settings. I also disabled Acronis cyber protect even though exceptions were added.
There was no game crash log. May help others to giving this a try if they are experiencing this.

Glad that it is working out so far @Heavenly — In general, I would recommend against using Supreme Commander in full-screen mode. The ~15-year-old game engine tends to be too clunky to handle it, when you alt+tab or have a multi-monitor setup.

Anyone who is interested in borderless full-screen can check out this thread

There are several simple solutions which anyone can apply — If you google, there are ton of easy 1-click tools that do everything for you, like Definitive Supreme Commander Launcher or Borderless Gaming

Thanks @MostLostNoob @magge have had several games now no crash logs after each game.