Summer League 2023 Event

Yeah, a guy in gold 1 gonna see he is top, keep playing and then rank up getting nothing.

The embodiment of depression...

@sladow-noob I have the same concern. You're getting punished for winning too much.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

As everyone pretty much already suggested, maybe make it a "qualifying" type of deal, where if you reach Gold I or higher (and not even necessarily 1st spot), you qualify to receive the Gold I avatar. And then you have similar goals for each avatar. That does sound like a lot of avatar handout though, and I can see a concern with that.

Also regarding the avatar, would you like me to try and integrate a year into that? At least a ['23] type of deal.

God bless the moderators handing out 1000 avatars.

Or maybe something where it’s based on what bracket you were in when the season started and the person with the biggest improvement gets the avatar for that bracket?

@ftxcommando Pretty sure it could be automated somewhat easily. But I agree, if devops team doesn't have time to handle that, it would be quite the task. Idk how referent current state is, but the lowest rated Gold I player is 129th, so that means "only" 129 avatars. Still a bunch of work to be done manually, ofc.

You can add additional constraints, like at least 50 games played (or less the higher the rank, since it's harder to get games, but you get the gist) in the season or something. This would probably reduce the number of winners, but also be a good motivator for people to play a bit more games in total in that period.

If the mod client is still the hell it was when I was doing it, it’s like an 8-10 click process to give a single guy an avatar. Odds are you’re also going to be removing avatars every season so the work is also doubled.

@ftxcommando unless you make a script that does it database-level, instead of relying on any clunky UI that might be required to do it manually. You could also achieve automatic removal, though I'd maybe even go as far as propose to have a year-specific avatars, by simply adding a small number representing the last 2 digits of a year onto the existing avatar.
master_summer_23.png
grandmaster_summer_23.png
master_summer_23.png
grandmaster_summer_23.png

the Avatars can be given an expiry date

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

So as far as I get lots of people will receive Avatars, right? If u reach Gold I in ladder it means u wil 100% get an Avatar even if u r Diamond V by the end of the season?