Open beta for PBR shaders

It appears that the package provided to test the pbr shaders is not compatible with the last patch. It will cause the game to desync. You'll have to remove it again in order to play.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@robotcat said in Open beta for PBR shaders:

шейдеры.jpg

This seems more like a difference in personal preference than an issue that needs addressing

eta on inclusion in the official faf package?

The current plan is to make it available on fafdevelop after the game patch in June. Then it will be on the default faf game mode after the release in August

@BlackYps Hello! I have two questions: 1. Does the current FAF version already include this PBR? If it is already included, how do I open it? 2. Where is the download link of this PBR file?

The downlaod link got removed because it was incompatible with the current game patch.
There was too much other stuff going on, so this project got delayed. I will update this thread when it is available on faf develop

@blackyps Thanks for your reply!

The PBR shaders are now finally live on fafdevelop, so you can test them. They will be included in the next release. See also here: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/6514/developers-iteration-iv-of-2023/2

@blackyps Thank you! So I can try the latest PBR in the currently downloadable FAF DEV? Is PBR applied to all maps (including other maps downloaded from client)? Does PBR apply automatically and do not need to be opened manually?

@robotcat should be fixed 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

The aim of this is to gather new comparison screenshots for the promotion of the release, to get feedback and to hopefully inspire people to help with the remaining units that have issues with the new shaders due to their textures.