Balance Patch 3750 - Feedback

@tagada

simply put do you want nukes to be tactical or strategic? If you limit range on them they IMMEDIATELY turn into tactical weapons employed mostly against mobile fielded armies and stuff imo, which tbh. I would prefer but it'd be a huge change and gameplay. It'd also have to be balanced significantly different.

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

@thewheelie said in Balance Patch 3750 - Feedback:

Idk why you're using the mercy line against me since i hate them enough to have banned them from all my hosts.

One was important enough to be canonized into balance, the other wasn't

or maybe one rework is harder than another

Give it 800 HP and an equivalent of one-and-a-half T2 bomber volley, band-aid fix done. Already better than Loya special ability that's still being tweaked to not be useless.

800 hp mercy that does like 1800 damage is a band aid fix?

When it's dodgeable like Notha, inaccurate like Corsair or spreads damage over a football field like Janus, yes

1. It doing lump sum damage ie corsair or notha is pointless, specter exists

2. Making it do aoe ie janus requires animation and projectile work

3. Beyond that, it still needs to not be janky or look stupid while also giving the information on what it’s doing clearly

would it be possible to use a toggle ability on it to switch between doing high single target damage vs lower aoe damage?

You know the whole point of the aoe rework is to solve the issue of it being a high damage single target unit

@ftxcommando said in Balance Patch 3750 - Feedback:

1. It doing lump sum damage ie corsair or notha is pointless, specter exists

That's like saying that Corsairs and Nothas are pointless because gunships exist, or that strats are useless because T3 gunships exist. Dealing big lump sum damage even when there's some AA around is useful. I don't think Specter has 1200 alpha like fighter bombers have anyway.

Do you know what kinda damage renegade does? Do you notice how stinger and janus have different damage output methods? Seraphim gunship is an exception because it’s supposed to be t2.5.

Strats are aoe and t3 gunships aren’t?

Do people still not understand that turning the Mercy into an AOE utility unit is just a straight buff to Aeon T2

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

You know the whole point of the aoe rework is to solve the issue of it being a high damage single target unit

well I never use them or see them used so idk what is the problem with that

For one, it’s completely insane to give a unit that level of flexibility when Aeon has the best gunship already. For two, the unit’s current design does not work with the simulated projectile type of gameplay that FA works towards. Trick AA to turn away, now you die even with your ACU in the middle of 3 aa turrets.

Aeon gunship was buffed/redesigned to compensate for mercy being what it is, why not revert it to what it was along with mercy changes?

Legit just remove mercy from the game for the time being.

@mazornoob said in Balance Patch 3750 - Feedback:

Aeon gunship was buffed/redesigned to compensate for mercy being what it is, why not revert it to what it was along with mercy changes?

I mean if by compensate you mean literally pretend it doesn’t exist then yeah it was

Give mercies a sacrifice ability or healing

Making it do aoe ie janus requires animation and projectile work

Deribus already made a mod for this https://forum.faforever.com/topic/1834/ideas-for-mercy-changes/13

@blackyps said in Balance Patch 3750 - Feedback:

Making it do aoe ie janus requires animation and projectile work

Deribus already made a mod for this https://forum.faforever.com/topic/1834/ideas-for-mercy-changes/13

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist rn, I’m just explaining why it isn’t something immediately changed even if balance team has generally considered the unit problematic.