Where to check my violations?

I am new and looking through the client exploring the tabs. I checked on custom play to see if I set up an AI match in there. However, a matchmaking game occurred and I closed out of it given I was not trying to do such with another player. Next thing I know, I got a popup stating I received one violation but closed it out before reading it. Where do I go to review the violation I received? Are they disputable?

Not disputable. No way to check atm. 1 violation is a warning. 2 is a 10? Minute time out. 3 is 30 minutes. Reset after 1 hour of no violations

While they aren't disputable they also sound way more serious in the pop-up message than they actually are.

Just to clarify, and going with what you said, that violation was simply for quitting out of ladder: there is a system in place that penalizes those that quit from a launched game, as this effectively prevents whoever else was matched to play. Either way, and especially since you didn't want to use the matchmaker, don't worry about it: this system is just to prevent repeat offenders from making the matchmaker unplayable.

Considering how many questions are asked about this, shouldnt it be made clearer that the violation is just for ladder timeout?

Lol wat? Only 1v1? xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@thewheelie said in Where to check my violations?:

Considering how many questions are asked about this, shouldnt it be made clearer that the violation is just for ladder timeout?

Yes, someone just needs to go do it. The main issue is that the client was supposed to implement support for a new message that tells you about violations and then render a user friendly, localized message. However, no one has cared to implement this so far so we are left with the shitty unlocalized server message that we decided to include as a stopgap.

If anyone wants to open a PR on the server repo to rewrite the message I’d be happy to review and merge it, but at this time I’m not working on the code myself. Here’s a link to the text that would need to be changed. https://github.com/FAForever/server/blob/7c96b3b727867d7ea3aa4893d55f33b97acf3c87/server/ladder_service/violation_service.py#L101

Thank you everyone for the information.

@askaholic I've had a go but I have 0 python coding experience, and the automated error check highlighted an error so I may have made a stupid mistake (although the error message sounded like the issue is just that the text of the violation warning message is different to what was expected).

https://github.com/FAForever/server/pull/922